CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Oil smell...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
Oil smell...

I don't have time to look at it right yet so I'm gonna look this weekend. Just hoping I can get a running list of common oil leak areas on the 55. For about a week I'm noticing a hot oil 'smell' when I get out of my car.

I've noticed a little bit of oil coming from the valve cover on the passenger side, but really not bad at all. Other than that I've visually seen no leaks in the past or any substantial oil loss (via dipstick or driveway indicator ).

So, If you've fixed and oil leak before please chime in so I can have a half *** list to start with.
Thanks, John
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 320 & 2010 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by unlukky
I don't have time to look at it right yet so I'm gonna look this weekend. Just hoping I can get a running list of common oil leak areas on the 55. For about a week I'm noticing a hot oil 'smell' when I get out of my car.

I've noticed a little bit of oil coming from the valve cover on the passenger side, but really not bad at all. Other than that I've visually seen no leaks in the past or any substantial oil loss (via dipstick or driveway indicator ).

So, If you've fixed and oil leak before please chime in so I can have a half *** list to start with.
Thanks, John
Im dealing with the same issue and my problem is i have transmission fluid dripping on the exhaust pipe. Only way to fix it is droping the transmission down and replacing the seal
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
I saw your post too. Mine is def eng oil. The smell isnt as sweet as tranny fluid.. thanks for responding.