CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

VELOCE PERFORMANCE NEW YEARS EVENT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
VELOCE PERFORMANCE NEW YEARS EVENT!

Happy New Year from Veloce Performance!

For the month of January take 10% of our ECU/TCU tuning, get free shipping in the Continental US, AND a Cool Veloce Performance hat!

Check out our testimonials. We would love to free up some power in your car and add you to our ever growing VP family!

http://www.veloceperformance.com/testimonial.htm

Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey i am interested in a tune for my CLK430!
I did not see it on your site. what is power gain? price? and also will the car be delimited?
thanks
Liran
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
Does this change the throttle mappings, similar to a Sprintbooster?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Originally Posted by onlinealias
Does this change the throttle mappings, similar to a Sprintbooster?
Sprintbooster does nothing to the ECU. Just removes the lag of the throttle servo
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 PM

CLK430
Hrm, haven't seen a lot of my posts I'm guessing....

There are 2 ways to accomplish what a Sprintbooster does. One, change the throttle input by hacking in a piece of hardware in to the input side and fooling the input into thinking there has been more throttle input than there actually was. Two, change the computer code to make it more sensitive to the real throttle inputs. This is what I am asking about, and I'm guessing these guys don't have enough of an understanding of the code to reverse engineer it to eliminate one of the biggest complaints of a W208. I guess we shall see....
Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM

02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Originally Posted by onlinealias
Hrm, haven't seen a lot of my posts I'm guessing....

There are 2 ways to accomplish what a Sprintbooster does. One, change the throttle input by hacking in a piece of hardware in to the input side and fooling the input into thinking there has been more throttle input than there actually was. Two, change the computer code to make it more sensitive to the real throttle inputs. This is what I am asking about, and I'm guessing these guys don't have enough of an understanding of the code to reverse engineer it to eliminate one of the biggest complaints of a W208. I guess we shall see....
Guess I misunderstood your question.. thought you were asking of the "product" vs "product". Plug and play items. Hack away if thats your bag
Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 PM

CLK430
Guess you did, but you realize that what this thread is offering to sell is a hack for the computer code, as in, an ECU upgrade, right?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 PM

02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
yes, a reflash of the ecu. software not hardware... I.E sprintbooster
Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM

CLK430
Perhaps my original question was a little amphibolous...maybe I'll ask it again just to be clear.

Does this ECU upgrade change the throttle response mappings, to make them more aggressive, so that the common complaint with W208's, a laggy, lazy throttle, has been fixed? As the ECU is ultimately in control of the throttle mappings, this should be easy enough to do, if one really knows what they are doing. I realize that when someone is playing around in HEX sometimes they know what areas of the ECU is doing what and sometimes they don't. Does Veloce Performance really know what they are doing as they claim, or do they just hack around and advance the timing, enrich the mixture and hope for the best?

There you go Bob, no more reference to Sprintbooster (which does exactly that in hardware, rather than software, and therefore is exactly the same as far as a customer is concerned. However, this ultimately prompted my very relevant question, and never required anyone to point out the obvious.)

Ah it's been fun anyway. I'm guessing this tuning outfit has too many models of cars that they claimed to have "tuned" for them to even remotely tested all of their code changes. It would take all of the engineering resources of NASA to reverse engineer and outsmart everyone at Bentley, Ferrari, Mercedes and BMW in one place...at the very least they would be famous all around the world.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
huh?

the only thing I can find on their website that remotely pertains to my 320 is
350/320 series (including diesels): Up to 298hp (up to+30hp) $1100 USD
You can't tell me that a basic chip tune is going to produce this much hrspwr. there has got to be more to the story.
Most of the other tuners like PowerChip, SpeedTuning and INMotionusa are below a grand. These guys appear to be way too pricy. And,looks like they post their propaganda then disappear.