CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK430 vs GS400, who wins ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Uniformed Posers

but just because they are M-Bs they are not automatically the ****, regardless of what uninformed posers might want to believe
First off, you need to step down off that high horse you are on.

Secondly, that kind of language is not appropriate in this forum.

Thirdly, and lastly, this is a MB forum, not a Toyota/Lexus or what ever you call your car this week, Forum. If I wanted to express my love for a toyota, I would do it on a Toyota forum, not here, it doesn't belong.

Think before you speak...
Old 04-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: Uniformed Posers

What high horse is that? The one that proclaims that M-Bs do not hold a god-given superiority over all things automotive? Or the one that says it doesn't hold water to just say that a Lexus is a Toyota and therefore anyone who drives a Lexus is actually driving a Camry, and furthermore implying that anyone in a Camry is a POS and not worthy to clean the tires on an M-B? You are the one on the high horse (read your previous posts and those from people you were supporting).

What kind of language? Language indicating that I'm comparing machine to machine? Or language indicating that I don't admire people who underhandedly put down other people who drive Toyotas (I'm sure it's not only Toyotas).

Thirdly, and lastly, this is a MB forum, not a Toyota/Lexus or what ever you call your car this week, Forum. If I wanted to express my love for a toyota, I would do it on a Toyota forum, not here, it doesn't belong.
You are free to go do whatever you like, but your preferences don't determine what belongs on an internet forum. Worthwhile internet forums are for sharing of information and views. There is no value in a forum that amounts to nothing more than a group jerk.

I do. You should do some thinking of your own.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
What high horse is that? The one that proclaims that M-Bs do not hold a god-given superiority over all things automotive? Or the one that says it doesn't hold water to just say that a Lexus is a Toyota and therefore anyone who drives a Lexus is actually driving a Camry, and furthermore implying that anyone in a Camry is a POS and not worthy to clean the tires on an M-B? You are the one on the high horse (read your previous posts and those from people you were supporting).
Never said MB's have god given superiority, said that this was the Mercedes Benz forum, not Toyota.

but just because they are M-Bs they are not automatically the ****
This type of language

You are free to go do whatever you like, but your preferences don't determine what belongs on an internet forum. Worthwhile internet forums are for sharing of information and
views. There is no value in a forum that amounts to nothing more
than a group jerk.
You are right, my preferences don't determine what belongs on any old Internet forum, but the preferences of myself and all the other MB owners determine what belongs on THIS forum. Again Mercedes Benz Forum..
Mercedes Benz Forum..
Old 04-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Almost a Member!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but just because they are M-Bs they are not automatically the ****
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This type of language
Okay, allow me to edit that to *****. I think they have even stopped editing that word on Sesame Street now, haven't they?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
perhaps, but not Mr. Rogers.......
Old 04-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by ldangeli
perhaps, but not Mr. Rogers.......
Well in that case.... I stand corrected.
Seriously, I don't like the way a lot of off-color language is seeping into everyday use on TV and all over, so I shouldn't contribute to it even here on this remote forum that is probably adults-only.

Last edited by I6turbo; 04-24-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:42 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Second WHO CARES ITS STILL A TOYOTA, and this is the MERCEDES BENZ forum
Would you care to reinstate segregation? Just curious. Your logic is flawed. Both are 55k cars. Since one is a Toyota, therefore it is inferior? So if, say, your badge had Chrysler instead of Mercedes-Benz, then would it be inferior to a Toyota?

Besides, we were talking about speed. I would be happy to line-up to any CLK 430 in Atlanta, just let me know.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Are you kidding

Would you care to reinstate segregation? Just curious. Your logic is flawed.
Are you kidding, it is not a question of segregation. THIS IS A MERCEDES FORUM. What do you expect. When the GS tops out at 118, I will still go to 140+. So don't tell me that I am flawed. it isn't about badging or pricing or names. Well it is about names, since this is a MERCEDES FORUM. I am glad you like your GS. Good for you. I am glad you spent 56k or so, GOOD FOR YOU.

If you want to express your love for your car, do it on YOUR OWN FORUM.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Re: Uniformed Posers

Lou, I have met 1SICKLEX and welcome his input. He's a car guy.

It seems as if your CLK430 has let you down since purchasing it around April 2002. But it seems lately, you could take a little of your own advice as quoted in the above thread.

"My Town" must be in New Jersey?

Last edited by Chappy; 06-13-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
And exactly what advice would that be? Referring to the other thread, M3 vs the world? First off, I am not toting anything, but when single minded individuals attack, I defend. Yes NJ, and no, not 16 as stated in a previous post. Lets thing about that, 12 cars in 9 years. Yeah, I must be 16..

Seriously, a true enthusiast is open to all types of vehicles, can differentiate the ups and downs of performance and quality. But most individuals on this forum see the CLK as the platform that all other manufacturers strive to be. For the rest of the worlds sake, I sure hope now.

I used to be on the CLK band wagon, but it has since let me down, dramatically, and I got off the wagon before it burst into flames. It is a shame really, MB is supposed to be a symbol of great quality, but instead, is turning into a symbol of mediocrity. IMHO.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Ignorantelli, you are such a hypocrite...

...as anyone can see, you are doing *exactly* the same thing in the "m3" thread that you were complaining about 1SICKLEX's doing in *this* thread. The fact that you cannot see this is not surprising, but gives a lot of insight into your character (or lack thereof).

Pretty pathetic...anyway, enjoy that new VW!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
And exactly what advice would that be? Referring to the other thread, M3 vs the world? First off, I am not toting anything, but when single minded individuals attack, I defend. Yes NJ, and no, not 16 as stated in a previous post. Lets thing about that, 12 cars in 9 years. Yeah, I must be 16..
I didn't mention your age at all. You are 30-31, according to a previous post authored by yourself.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Oh isn't that sweet. Improviz is following me around. Thanks baby. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyhow, I will enjoy the VW, which I would put up against your CLK anyday.

Do me a flavor, bring your PA down here and talk the trash. The problem with punks like you, is your car tough. Bottom line.

Enjoy the quality of your Chrysler.

Last edited by ldangeli; 06-14-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Actually, the S4 is a wannabe M3. Why don't you race one of them instead, since you are so eager to get beat.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lol, at least I know enough about how cars handle....

....not to buy a front-heavy pig like the S4, which has 60/40 weight distribution and weighs 3,900 pounds, 450 pounds more than my W208 CLK55.

Oh, I'm so scared of S4s....oh, me, oh, my, does 342 horsepower/302 ft-lb of torque pulling 3,900 pounds with 60/40 weight distribution sound fearsome compared to 349 horsepower/390 ft-lb of torque pulling 3,450 pounds with 53/47 weight distribution.

Or, to put it more succinctly,
suck on this, baby!!!

Yeah, that front-heavy pig scares me...lol.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Yeah you know enough about cars. Um.. Ok.. Man you guys are really stuck on straight line performance, aren't you! WOW! That's cool.

How come with every audi I've owned, I don't chew through front tires, Like I did with my not so front heavy CLK 208 pig, 3 sets to be exact? Why is that. Oh right, the Audi must be front heavy. Yeah that's it. Hey, out of curiosity, how old are you, what did you drive before the CLK, and how many miles do you do a year, honestly, and is the CLK REALLY an everyday driver? The only ///AMG that impresses me is the SL55. Not the CLK.

Oh, and what you're saying is that the CLK handles better than the Audi? Just curious...

Looks like they handle pretty damn close to me, and track times are damn close, 1 win, 1 tie, and no losses for me. Damn interesting especially since you have 3 more ponies and 100 lbs of alleged torque on me. Oh yeah, wait, this is the avant, it's heavier than the four door sedan I am driving.

TrackTimes

Straight line your ///AMG is definitely faster, but in the corners, I catch up. Why is that, oh right, my front heavy pig is pretty crappy. But then again you had to pay 77K for that power, I only paid 49k.. Whoops!

Last edited by ldangeli; 06-14-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Are you denying the 60/40 weight distribution of the 3900 lb S4?

Is English a second language for you, Lou? Because the S4 DOES have a 60/40 weight distribution. Please go to www.audiusa.com to read in English for yourself.

60/40 distribution and 3900 will have a NEGATIVE effect on the S's handling.

You are the one who is actually stuck on straightline performance if you paid for the Audi.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Not at all socal, with the Quattro, it makes up for that 60/40 split.. So what you are saying as well is that the CKL handles better? Hmm.. And why would english be a second language?
Old 06-14-2004, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG

But then again you had to pay 77K for that power, I only paid 49k.. Whoops!
So what? Don't bring your cash flow shortage as a justification on a decision to choose the S4 over another car. Not everyone here is in the same lowly, cash-restricted financial status as you are, Lou.

What is your Debt-Service-Coverage ratio- .31? Hahahaha!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Quattro is good...

Not at all socal, with the Quattro, it makes up for that 60/40 split.. So what you are saying as well is that the CKL handles better? Hmm.. And why would english be a second language?
I AM saying Quattro is good, but it doesn't make up for the poor weight distribution.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Cash flow shortage, right. Should I take a picture of both the CLK and the S4, side by side for you. No cash shortage. FOund it to be a better deal..
Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Quattro is great, and in track tests, the wagon went head to head with the CLK55. And the CLK weight dist. isn't that far off, oh wait 3%, c'mon, hardly enough to make a difference.

You have no idea what I do for a living and it really isn't a concern of yours. I know you guys are a little slow on the left coast, but c'mon now, really. Money is never object or factor in my automobile making desicions.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Thanks for the clarification. You ARE financially stable. Whew! Then don't bring up price anymore in your arguments.

You are right that the CLK is not that far off the S4 in weight distribution.

Thus, if driving the CLK feels like driving a couch, then the S4 feels like driving a couch even more so by 3-5%?
Old 06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Umm.. you got me on that one, I won't mention price again, however, my clk always feels a bit mushy in the turns..

Weight dist. of the S4 vs. the 55.

58%/42% 55%/45%
Old 06-14-2004, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Lol, and the hits just keep coming!

Straightline performance, eh? I guess not only do you not read *my* links, you don't even bother to read your own links, lol!

From the link you provided, with the heavy audi pig on the left and the CLK55 on the right:
Round Time Nuerburgring: 8.29 min 8.29 min
Round Time Hockenheim 1.19,1 min 1.18,2 min

So, let's see...in your previous posts, you were claiming that the M3, which beat the CLK55 by less than a second on a short track like Hockenheim as tested by Car & Driver, didn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the M3 because the M3 was such a "superior" track car.

And now we see that the CLK55, which you said is a poor track car, handles like a couch, has a weak, soft suspension, etc. beats your beloved Audi by one full second around the shorter track, Hockenheim, which is about the same length as the track used by Car & Driver.

So, mr. idiotelli, what do you call a car which loses to a "poor-handling , lousy track car which handles like a couch", as you put it??

Especially when one considers that the "never follow" Audi is brand-spanking new car using a chassis developed in 2002, while the W208 CLK55 uses a chassis developed over five years earlier?

Never follow?? Lol...their brand-new, state-of-the-art, flagship entry-luxo sedan can't even maintain against the CLK55 tested in May of 2000 (per the site you linked to), even when it has six gears to the Benz's five, giving it a huge advantage!!

They should change that to "never lead"!!

Dang, this is like taking candy from a baby!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: CLK430 vs GS400, who wins ??