CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK430 vs GS400, who wins ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
You are retarded. Really. The CLK goes up against a wagon, and barely fairs better. But the CLK is supposed to be so much better, and powerful and superior. We aren't talking about the M3 in this post are we? Please Improviz, you're making this to easy for me. I love the *****, really. This just makes my day go by so fast.

You know, if I didn't know any better, I would say you're hell bent on the prestige and power of the MBZ. Which is cool. Ah... No need to go further. You can't argue with your kind. Really. It IS like arguing politics or religion. You'll always be right.

My point, your wonderful 55, which you have to put that up against the S4, which isn't how any of these posts started, cause I have a 430, and that was the original comparison, is so f'ing fantastic, no other car compares. WOOOOO.. You're the best.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
As usual, you are wrong:

S4, as tested by Road and Track: 60%/40%
Road and Track test results

And oh, wow: it pulled an 0.86g on the skidpad, compared to the 0.91g Road & Track got when they tested the CLK55! How impressive...

Also see the comparison between the E46 M3 and the CLK55, where Car and Driver gives the CLK55's f/r distribution as 53/47.

Originally posted by ldangeli
Umm.. you got me on that one, I won't mention price again, however, my clk always feels a bit mushy in the turns..

Weight dist. of the S4 vs. the 55.

58%/42% 55%/45%
Old 06-14-2004, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Blah, blah, blah.. See previous post..
Old 06-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't get it, now ldangeli is complaing that we should get off our Mercedes pedestrals? (sp?)

Seriously man, take a step back and look at yourself, at least us Lexus guys offer a just argument.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Just argument to???????? I don't get it... What are you saying..
Old 06-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by ldangeli
Just argument to???????? I don't get it... What are you saying..
To anything...
Old 06-15-2004, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
damn, vraa.......that is an extremely nice a$$ shaking in your pic =)
Old 08-23-2004, 04:00 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 450
just for the record the gs is not based on a camry. the clk is however based on the c class. nice looking car but still its an even more overpriced c class. and since youre arguing about who would win, whens the last time any mercedes won a comparison in any magazine? even top gear and car from britain see them as also rans. [yeah just quote a comparo a benz has won if you can find one in the last 24 months]
Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 AM

CLK320
Originally Posted by ldangeli
0-60 I can see the GS beating the CLK, but no 60-120. I don't see it. And what would you rather drive, a toyota, or CLK 430. And yes I said toyota. It's a camry with the Land Crusier engine.
Nice way to pull facts out of your ***. The GS is not a Camry with a Land Cruiser engine. As for the Lexus badge being inferior due to it's association with Toyota, what of the Mercedes badge being associated with Chrysler? Your precious star-marked vehicle is a DaimlerChrysler. I love my Mercedes and feel that they make excellent vehicles, but i'm definately not going to stand on a superficial pedestal which could easily be knocked down by mentioning the fact that the CLK is an overpriced C.

Lexus makes incredibly reliable and luxurious vehicles at prices far below those of the Mercedes equivalent. Lexus has the top reviewed Nav system bar-none. Where is our bluetooth-cellular amenity? The 2004 Lexus LS430 is unmatched for a combination of luxury, reliability, features, prestige, and price. The 2004 Lexus LS430 is considered to be the most well built vehicle made. As for the Toyota branch being inferior for performance, have you heard of a little vehicle called the Lotus Elise?

Last edited by Tandrek; 08-23-2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Lotus Elise is a tiny car that weighs nothing and any engine could make it move. I used to work at a Lexus dealer and even though they are reliable and nice cars, its just not my kind of car. There is no Lexus that can hang with an AMG car. Even when a mercedes would pull into the lot the workers would look at it in awe. When I would pull my car in the shop, the customers would always compliment me. In other words, I prefer a mercedes, but you can go buy a lex if u want (it doesn't make a difference to me what u drive)
Old 08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Tandrek
Lexus makes incredibly reliable and luxurious vehicles at prices far below those of the Mercedes equivalent. Lexus has the top reviewed Nav system bar-none. Where is our bluetooth-cellular amenity? The 2004 Lexus LS430 is unmatched for a combination of luxury, reliability, features, prestige, and price. The 2004 Lexus LS430 is considered to be the most well built vehicle made. As for the Toyota branch being inferior for performance, have you heard of a little vehicle called the Lotus Elise?
A Lexus is an APPLIANCE. Like a refrigerator that can make ice cubes, have 2 tempertature zones and filter water with exact precision and reliability, so is a Lexus. Lexus is a robot. Lexus has no soul, no spirit. and above all, Lexus is the sincerest IMITATION of Mercedes. Perhaps, too good of an imitation!

Lexus was created in 1990 not to imitate Jaguar, BMW or Audi. Lexus was created to imitated Mercedes-Benz. That speaks for itself.

Finally, what is up with all these Toyota lovers coming on our website? I don't know where the Lexus-lovers site is and I don't waste my time visiting them.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
[QUOTE=

Finally, what is up with all these Toyota lovers coming on our website? I don't know where the Lexus-lovers site is and I don't waste my time visiting them.[/QUOTE]

exactly my words....... Being an ex-owner of BOTH vehicles, I can tell you that the GS400 is a piece of *****. As you can see, I have gone through many cars, and I only kept the GS400 for 34 days. It's damn ugly, got no *****, and has absolutely no class at all. My CLK, on the other hand, I kept for almost 3 years....killed mustang GT's day after day, getting head turns at EVERY stop light. NO ONE should even try to compare these 2 cars as they are in very different classes.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:11 PM

CLK320
Originally Posted by clkal
killed mustang GT's day after day
While the CLK430 is an excellent vehicle, bragging about it's performance is laughable. Yes... you were able to beat Mustang GT's day after day. However, your car cost nearly three times as much as that Mustang GT. The CLK430 is NOT a pure-performance vehicle... it is mostly luxury and style (pillarless top). More of a "pure performance" Mercedes would be the C32 AMG, or the SLK AMG.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:17 PM

CLK320
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
A Lexus is an APPLIANCE. Like a refrigerator that can make ice cubes, have 2 tempertature zones and filter water with exact precision and reliability, so is a Lexus. Lexus is a robot. Lexus has no soul, no spirit. and above all, Lexus is the sincerest IMITATION of Mercedes. Perhaps, too good of an imitation!
I never stated the Lexus vehicles had "soul", I merely stated that they were excellent at what they do: Creating extremely luxurious and reliable vehicles with nearly-unmatched feature sets for a very competitive price.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:53 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Lotus Elise is a tiny car that weighs nothing and any engine could make it move. I used to work at a Lexus dealer and even though they are reliable and nice cars, its just not my kind of car. There is no Lexus that can hang with an AMG car. Even when a mercedes would pull into the lot the workers would look at it in awe. When I would pull my car in the shop, the customers would always compliment me. In other words, I prefer a mercedes, but you can go buy a lex if u want (it doesn't make a difference to me what u drive)
1st, damn old thread.
2nd, no stock Lexus can hang with an AMG car. This is a given.
3rd, it's damn cool not not 'feel" Lexus, that is your right.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK

Lexus was created in 1990 not to imitate Jaguar, BMW or Audi. Lexus was created to imitated Mercedes-Benz. That speaks for itself.

Finally, what is up with all these Toyota lovers coming on our website? I don't know where the Lexus-lovers site is and I don't waste my time visiting them.
Yeah. God is going to let Benz go to heaven because it has "soul" and Lexus is an atheist. Maybe Benz is the James Brown of cars. :p

You clearly have your mind made up and your facts are so overwhelming, who can argue with you?

I cannot wait to own my first AMG car and it will be people like Chappy and not clueless morons like yourself who will help make that decision.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:57 PM

Lexus GS 450h
[QUOTE=clkal]
Originally Posted by

Finally, what is up with all these Toyota lovers coming on our website? I don't know where the Lexus-lovers site is and I don't waste my time visiting them.[/QUOTE

exactly my words....... Being an ex-owner of BOTH vehicles, I can tell you that the GS400 is a piece of *****. As you can see, I have gone through many cars, and I only kept the GS400 for 34 days. It's damn ugly, got no *****, and has absolutely no class at all. My CLK, on the other hand, I kept for almost 3 years....killed mustang GT's day after day, getting head turns at EVERY stop light. NO ONE should even try to compare these 2 cars as they are in very different classes.
You must have bought a GS 300 with 400 badges if you think it had no *****. Please explain how the 2 cars are in different "classes"? They cost the same bub.

Sigh...
Old 08-23-2004, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1st, damn old thread
Old 08-23-2004, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Yeah. God is going to let Benz go to heaven because it has "soul" and Lexus is an atheist. Maybe Benz is the James Brown of cars. :p

You clearly have your mind made up and your facts are so overwhelming, who can argue with you?

I cannot wait to own my first AMG car and it will be people like Chappy and not clueless morons like yourself who will help make that decision.
1SICKLEX, as I am, is a car enthusiast. We have respect for all nice rides and although may have 'preferences', we don't take "sides"

I have seen more nicely modded Lexus cars in the past six months than MBs....cars that WOULD kick butt on my AMG. Just the other night, I hooked up with a guy that I met through 1SICKLEX's forum who has an IS300 with nitrous....soon to be turboed as well. We had a great time sharing ideas and plans for future mods while we checked out over a dozen WRXs, STI's, EVOs, and some other nice rides....about 40 cars in all.

IMO, the car hobby is about *passion*.....for ALL kinds of cars.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
[QUOTE=More of a "pure performance" Mercedes would be the C32 AMG, or the SLK AMG.[/QUOTE]

guess you don't know about the E55, CLK55, CL55, or the other AMG55 models...........
Old 08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
You must have bought a GS 300 with 400 badges if you think it had no *****. Please explain how the 2 cars are in different "classes"? They cost the same bub.

Sigh...
first off, BUB...... how many people do you see turn their heads when a GS drives by? That's all I have to say. And to comment on the GS300 w/ 400 badges.... LOL. that's something you probably would do just to front. Look at the list of my cars, fool. Next, you are probably going to say my NSX was a civic w/ a body kit, because the NSX had no ***** either.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:46 PM

CLK320
Please explain how the 2 cars are in different "classes"? They cost the same bub.
I'm fairly certain that the CLK430 new/stock/bare did cost more than the GS400 new/stock/bare.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:48 PM

CLK320
Originally Posted by Tandrek
More of a "pure performance" Mercedes would be the C32 AMG, or the SLK AMG.
guess you don't know about the E55, CLK55, CL55, or the other AMG55 models...........
I don't? Really? The vehicles which you have listed are more luxury vehicles with extreme performance. Much of the cost of the vehicle is based on the luxury features, room, and amenities. Pure performance vehicles do not have such options standard, and the weight associated with them. Pure performance vehicles are LIGHT.

Last edited by Tandrek; 08-23-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM

CLK320
how many people do you see turn their heads when a GS drives by? That's all I have to say.
Here in Newport Beach, we also don't turn our heads when a CLK drives by. We have the highest per-capita rate of Mercedes Vehicles, and we are home to the largest MB Dealership in the world (Fletcher-Jones). Perhaps this is why I don't hold your MB-Prestige bias.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Only a clueless moron would spend money on a Lexus...err Toyota.
Nice appliance you have. I am sure it is "Sick" and "Dope" and "Bad" (meaning good) and will supply you with years of trouble-free fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: CLK430 vs GS400, who wins ??