CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

removeing rear seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ck430 2002
removeing rear seats

how do you remove the rear seats completey from the car pics will be nice
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM

2000 CLK 430
How to take apart - attempt no. 1 - pics to come.

Its a pain in the *** to remove them if you dont have instructions. Here goes but please forgive me for my horrible directions.

If you stick your fingers under the front edge of the seat, you will find there is a little bit of play. Get as low as you can into the rear seat and follow the front bottom edge of the seat towards the middle storage thing which sits inbetween both seat. If you follow it and look around (closer to where the seat meets the middle storage compartment) you will see that the leather is tucked under the seat (actually under and up into frame of the seat - this will be more clear when you take the seat apart). This is where you are going to need something very long and slim, you are going to try and find a break in the leather underneath the bottom front edge and where you find it, you will have to pull at it and the edge of the leather of the seat will come out of its tucked in area. Doing this will release the leather from the frame and hence the cushion from the frame of the seat. When you do this, pull the leather out of its frame towards the side of the car because as the latch you want to get to is located on the outer edges of the seat where the side panels are located. You will find a latch where all you have to do is push the latch back and it will release the frame from its connection to the body of the car.

I will post pics which will hopefully tie in my narrative.

Not till tonite though.

GL
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM

ck430 2002
cheers