CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HELP!!!.... Lights on dash appeared

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!!.... Lights on dash appeared

Hi i have a 99 clk430 just bought it 3 weeks ago and figured out from this site an issue i had with hard starts. It was the crank sensor THANKS again. Now another prob, fan cut into the radiator and leaked fluid drove it back carefully stop and go it was late and out in the middle of know where. Fixed radiator check engine LT was on and abs and esp bas LT. I disconnected the battery for half hour cleared check engine LT. Now the issue i am having must be some sensor and was hoping that you guys on here can help once more to the newbee. When i shut the car off and restart it the esp and abs LT go off i drive it down the road and pops on and im in limp mode with no speedo working either. and stuck in one gear. And as soon as i shut it down and turn it on no LTS and repeat process same thing everything works fine till the LTS pop up. Has anyone had this prob and if so what sensor is it???? Can a speed sensor cause this as well??? Thanks guys!

Last edited by rvwisbd; 07-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
And you didn't bother to do any searching, I take it? Come in here just to have us solve your problems?

The ESP/BAS problem is a cheap switch. I bet if you spend a few minutes on MBW you'll find many a threads about this switch. Hell, I don't own a CLK and I know about it.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sathinas
And you didn't bother to do any searching, I take it? Come in here just to have us solve your problems?

The ESP/BAS problem is a cheap switch. I bet if you spend a few minutes on MBW you'll find many a threads about this switch. Hell, I don't own a CLK and I know about it.

Well thank you, and for the sarcasm. I am a newbee first benz.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 PM

No problem.

But the noob excuse is so overplayed, it's not even funny. You've been a member here since may of 2006. I don't care if it's your first benz. It's not like you just bought the car and don't know anything about it. You've had it for how long, now?

We're here to help each other out the best we can. It's called a "community"... not a "Ask questions and then disappear until the next problem". People participate in discussions and jump in when they can. Would you be eager and willing to help out someone that you don't know anything about?

But I'll help make you go away for a while. It's probably your brake switch.

See you next time when you have a problem.

Last edited by Sathinas; 07-28-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 PM

No problem.

But the noob excuse is so overplayed, it's not even funny. You've been a member here since may of 2006. I don't care if it's your first benz. It's not like you just bought the car and don't know anything about it. You've had it for how long, now?

We're here to help each other out the best we can. It's called a "community"... not a "Ask questions and then disappear until the next problem". People participate in discussions and jump in when they can. Would you be eager and willing to help out someone that you don't know anything about?

But I'll help make you go away for a while. It's probably your brake switch.

See you next time when you have a problem.
Well i can tell you this your bad attitude doesn't help anyone or anything!! And yes it was weird when i went to sign up and it said i was a member already. I don't even know how or why! But I do know that you are as presumptuous and critical as they come. Thank for the info i did find that out in my search.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:34 PM

Back to the thread....... Would also a speed sensor cause this?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 PM

What you Sir call a "Bad Attitude" I call a general feeling from people who don't wish to speak their feelings for fear of hurting other's feelings. Thankfully, I don't give a rats rear about hurting people's feelings. Sorry.

Now, as far as my "bad attitude" not helping anyone or anything... I know you're neither. What's your point?

You know I'm as presumptuous as they come? Wow! you must be an Internet shrink, or something! Or am I presuming you're an Internet Quack?

I'm sure you found what you were looking for with your search. We could have avoided all this if you had just searched to begin with, now couldn't we have?

See you in a year or so.

Trending Topics

Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 PM

What you Sir call a "Bad Attitude" I call a general feeling from people who don't wish to speak their feelings for fear of hurting other's feelings. Thankfully, I don't give a rats rear about hurting people's feelings. Sorry.

Now, as far as my "bad attitude" not helping anyone or anything... I know you're neither. What's your point?

You know I'm as presumptuous as they come? Wow! you must be an Internet shrink, or something! Or am I presuming you're an Internet Quack?

I'm sure you found what you were looking for with your search. We could have avoided all this if you had just searched to begin with, now couldn't we have?

See you in a year or so.
Why don't you take responsibility for your actions this all could have been avoided without all of your ATTITUDE and lack of being friendly.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 PM

I always take responsibility for my actions. And I believe my record stands, in that aspect.

As far as being unfriendly? Well... Just because I don't like lazy and/or incompetent people, unfriendly it does not make me.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 PM

I always take responsibility for my actions. And I believe my record stands, in that aspect.

As far as being unfriendly? Well... Just because I don't like lazy and/or incompetent people, unfriendly it does not make me.
OH! so now your attacking my character which you do not even know about. WOW! What a shallow person. Im sorry i have a life and am not on the computer constantly. Your something else!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 PM

You're still here????

Alright, I'll play.

Originally Posted by rvwisbd
OH! so now your attacking my character which you do not even know about.
I call them like I see them. As far as "attacking your character"... boohoo. Cry a little more. Want the number to the Internet Police so you can report the bad man on the Internet who "attacked" your character? Be more than glad to give it to you.

WOW! What a shallow person.
What was that you were saying about characters? Thankfully, I'm not going to accuse you of doing the same. My skin is a little thicker than yours.

Im sorry i have a life and am not on the computer constantly.
I'm sure you do. More power to you if you have to work yourself to to the bone. Thankfully, I don't. I pay people good money to do it for me. Call me shallow like that. I prefer to call myself a "producer" not a "moocher".

Your something else!
You're*.

And yes, I am. Thank you for noticing.

Last edited by Sathinas; 07-28-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM

Weird... double post.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Weird... double post.
Like i said if you did whats these forums are designed for and be friendly and helpful from the get go none of this would have happened.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM

At the risk of sounding redundant...

These forums are not here for people to just pop in only when they have an issue. Internet forums are oriented more towards a community feeling, not a "I have never posted here, but I have a problem, help me now" kind of thing.

Had you been a smart little boy ("OMG! He just called me a little boy! Where's that number!?"), you'd have taken the initiative to use the search feature. It's here for just this kind of a purpose. To look around, see if any other people have had your issues.

You don't honestly think you're the only CLK owner here? More-so, you don't think you're the first person with a particular problem on your CLK? Please, tell me you're smarter than that.

Now, some topics are quite hard to find. I'll give you that. Some problems are really obscure and won't show up on a simple search unless you know exactly what you're looking for. But in your case? Simple search would have given you all of the answers and the bad man on the Internet wouldn't have said anything. Think of how much grief you could have saved yourself.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM

At the risk of sounding redundant...

These forums are not here for people to just pop in only when they have an issue. Internet forums are oriented more towards a community feeling, not a "I have never posted here, but I have a problem, help me now" kind of thing.

Had you been a smart little boy ("OMG! He just called me a little boy! Where's that number!?"), you'd have taken the initiative to use the search feature. It's here for just this kind of a purpose. To look around, see if any other people have had your issues.

You don't honestly think you're the only CLK owner here? More-so, you don't think you're the first person with a particular problem on your CLK? Please, tell me you're smarter than that.

Now, some topics are quite hard to find. I'll give you that. Some problems are really obscure and won't show up on a simple search unless you know exactly what you're looking for. But in your case? Simple search would have given you all of the answers and the bad man on the Internet wouldn't have said anything. Think of how much grief you could have saved yourself.
Yes i could have done the search i give you that, But the fact of the matter is your still a jerk none of this would have change that. Good bye and work on your respect for others and the manners your parents taught you.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
damn boys, just cut if off and lets move on
Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Originally Posted by rvwisbd
Hi i have a 99 clk430 just bought it 3 weeks ago and figured out from this site an issue i had with hard starts. It was the crank sensor THANKS again. Now another prob, fan cut into the radiator and leaked fluid drove it back carefully stop and go it was late and out in the middle of know where. Fixed radiator check engine LT was on and abs and esp bas LT. I disconnected the battery for half hour cleared check engine LT. Now the issue i am having must be some sensor and was hoping that you guys on here can help once more to the newbee. When i shut the car off and restart it the esp and abs LT go off i drive it down the road and pops on and im in limp mode with no speedo working either. and stuck in one gear. And as soon as i shut it down and turn it on no LTS and repeat process same thing everything works fine till the LTS pop up. Has anyone had this prob and if so what sensor is it???? Can a speed sensor cause this as well??? Thanks guys!
did u get it fixed yet? did u reset the light?
ok turn the car on: turn the steering wheel all the way to the left (max) then all the way to the right (max) and back to the middle and the esp and abs will go away then it will say that u got 2 malfunctions. turn car off then on and u are good to go.
Now if it did not work, its your switch, they go bad all the time and check fuses as well(hood and trunk)

Last edited by big_mike1979; 07-29-2010 at 01:47 PM.