CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 500 radiator question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010 | 02:16 AM

A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
CLK 500 radiator question

Hey guys, I am the owner of a C32, but I am coming to you CLK owners to see if you guys can give me some insight.

I have been doing research on the infamous Valeo radiator issue with the C32's, I have found the faulty part number and the redesigned part number. Once I found this info I cross referenced it with the Valeo radiator in my car....and neither number matched! So I checked the number I had on google and I apparently have a CLK 500 radiator in my AMG!
It was involved in a slight accident before I got it and all the work was done by Mercedes so that is where it had to have made its way in there

My question is, have you guys had any issues with your radiators leaking into the transmission or anything odd like the C32's? If you guys haven't I am pretty much tempted to leave the current CLK radiator in its place since it has been there since 2002 and has not had a problem that I have seen on the maintenance records and since I have had it the last 3 weeks.

Hoping maybe someone can give me some information.

I appreciate it,
Andrew