CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New to the MB CLK 320 World

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk 320
New to the MB CLK 320 World

I just purchased a 2002 CLK 320 coupe with 54K miles... After driving a Jeep Wrangler for the past 4 years this my move to adulthood at the age of 61.

What a great site....I have used it a couple of time already and got great feedback. Just a couple more questions..

1. The radio has a CD button but no changer....can I use a trunk mounted CD changer from a Honda or does it have to be an MB changer?

2. The tip of the cover is broken on the GPS antenna....any suggestions on how to replace or repair.....is it a dealer only item

3 I just closed the hood and used too much hand power and put my palm print into the hood....SH**!. It is safe to push it out from the underside of the hood.....next time I'll just drop it from about 12-16 inches.

4. I made the stupid move of opening the sunroof at 60 mph and the fabric on the sunshade started to pull loose.....every time I close it it gets worse.....is it easy to remove? or should I go to a shop that replaces headliners etc?

Thanks for help in the past and looking forward to the world of MB
Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Originally Posted by fhenderson5
I just purchased a 2002 CLK 320 coupe with 54K miles... After driving a Jeep Wrangler for the past 4 years this my move to adulthood at the age of 61.

What a great site....I have used it a couple of time already and got great feedback. Just a couple more questions..

1. The radio has a CD button but no changer....can I use a trunk mounted CD changer from a Honda or does it have to be an MB changer?
if there is a connection in the right rear area of the trunk it MAY work but your deck MAY need to be Bose compatible.

2. The tip of the cover is broken on the GPS antenna....any suggestions on how to replace or repair.....is it a dealer only item
Probably!

3 I just closed the hood and used too much hand power and put my palm print into the hood....SH**!. It is safe to push it out from the underside of the hood.....next time I'll just drop it from about 12-16 inches.
I would go to one of those hail dent removal guys and not risk further damage.

4. I made the stupid move of opening the sunroof at 60 mph and the fabric on the sunshade started to pull loose.....every time I close it it gets worse.....is it easy to remove? or should I go to a shop that replaces headliners etc?
don't know and yes.

Thanks for help in the past and looking forward to the world of MB
I posted the answers right after each question in the quote above. You are welcome.

Last edited by dlbehrns; 11-27-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 PM

2002 clk 320
Thanks for your input.....
Old 11-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Mercedes clk320
Gfrye

Hi i have a 2000 Clk 320 the top is stuck in the down position. The light flashes on the center console when i try to put the top up. I switched the relay with fuel pump relay and checked all the fuses and still nothing. any ideas where to go from here.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
I have a coupe so I can help you but I can direct you, use the Search function above and do an advanced search. there are many many discussions on soft top problems.