CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HID kit installed in Fog lamps.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
HID kit installed in Fog lamps.

Greetings,

In case anyone is interested. Picked up an HID light kit on ebay. Comes with balast and bulbs, everything you need for a plug and play installation. Took me about 2 hours per side (I took the housing out and cleaned the glass, etc...). The two factory wires to the fogs plug directly into the balast with no modification. The guy that sells these has many colors and bulb types (I got the H3 bulb for the fog lamp in the 8000k Iceberg Blue color). The photo is a comparison to the HID bulb and my original bulb which was a Sylvania Silverstar.

Here's a link to the kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Also, yes I know that these won't do anything against actual fog, but we don't get any where I live :-) And no, I am not affiliated with the guy that sells this kit. As for how long they will last, guess I'll have to wait and see. The guys says the bulb and ballast are under warranty for 2 years. That's way longer than any of my halogen H3 bulbs have lasted so either way I'll be pleased...

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails HID kit installed in Fog lamps.-fog-lamp-hid-vs-sylvania-01-optimized-800-.jpg   HID kit installed in Fog lamps.-fog-lamp-hid-vs-sylvania-02-optimized-800-.jpg