CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Think I have a vacume leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK
Think I have a vacume leak

2002 CLK 430 100,000+ miles

When vehicle is cold like "closed loop" cold, (or is it "open loop"--it doesnt matter what the outside temp is) the A/c system acts really wierd. The air seems to change where it comes out, it whistles, the air speed seems to change, and ocassionally blows hard then seemingly not at all.
--This all seems to happen when I am accelerating. When cruising or at a stoplight the system settles down. It also goes away after the engine and systems warm up. I mentioned "closed loop" earlier because it doesnt matter if its winter and the heat is on, or summer and the A/c is on the same wierdness happens.

I would guess it is some vacume leak and need help narrowing down the circut that would be operating under warm-up condiditons and not operating afterward. A vacume schematic would be substantial help or and advise would be welcome.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
I've read posts where an under hood vacuum line has caused this issue. It was a line that ran along the firewall. Sorry, i don't have a link. If not here, I may have read about it in the W210 or W202 AMG section.