CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

DO NOT BUY FROM TVT_DESIGN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Exclamation DO NOT BUY FROM TVT_DESIGN

Anthony at TVT Design sold me the intake manifold that has caused so much trouble on my car.

He gave me the wrong torque values and I stripped the threads in my intake manifold. The manifold was sent to a machine shop for repair. This is when Anthony began not answering my calls.

Since, I've installed and reinstalled 3 times and it still has a serious vacuum leak. The leak appears to come from the gasket made to reseal the manifold when TVT_Design took the setup apart. I've called and left who knows how many emails and voicemails and no return. This guy is not a business man and should not be trusted with your expensive vehicles.

Furthermore, I've spoken with some MB performance enthusiasts and employees and the dealership is UNALLOWED to separate these 2 manifold parts, as the runners are designed for maximum torque by RPM. Removing these most likely decreases performance.

If only I'd been told the truth about the "ported and polished" manifold....and if he would ANSWER A PHONE CALL.

Please stay far, far away, as he only responds well until he makes a mistake. Please note that I have never slandered a person or company and their reputation publicly before, but this time I feel that you all need to know.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Wow, good to know.

I know a few people have been throwing their name around concerning rear camber arms and other replacement suspension parts, but considering their customer service with you (or lack thereof), I wouldn't buy the arms from them even if the product worked as it should.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Sorry to hear that boss
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
This doesn't help you out much, but I just wanted to let you know that they went out of business months ago.

No doubt, for shady practices such as this.

Sorry about how everything shook down man...
Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by da_guitarist
Anthony at TVT Design sold me the intake manifold that has caused so much trouble on my car.

He gave me the wrong torque values and I stripped the threads in my intake manifold. The manifold was sent to a machine shop for repair. This is when Anthony began not answering my calls.

Since, I've installed and reinstalled 3 times and it still has a serious vacuum leak. The leak appears to come from the gasket made to reseal the manifold when TVT_Design took the setup apart. I've called and left who knows how many emails and voicemails and no return. This guy is not a business man and should not be trusted with your expensive vehicles.

Furthermore, I've spoken with some MB performance enthusiasts and employees and the dealership is UNALLOWED to separate these 2 manifold parts, as the runners are designed for maximum torque by RPM. Removing these most likely decreases performance.

If only I'd been told the truth about the "ported and polished" manifold....and if he would ANSWER A PHONE CALL.

Please stay far, far away, as he only responds well until he makes a mistake. Please note that I have never slandered a person or company and their reputation publicly before, but this time I feel that you all need to know.
How are you brother, hope everything else is good with you. here is an idea, if you paid with a creditcard or with a creditcard through paypalm, call your card company and file a complaint, and make sure you place it as wrong item sent not faulty, just wrong otem and see if they can do a charge back.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Originally Posted by da_guitarist

If your having sealing issues.. try this. Split the case back open and use a non silicon base/O2 friendly liquid gasket to build a bead on the mating surface. Let it tack and then lay the two pieces together. Dont apply full clamping force till AFTER the product has dried. Got any pics of where you think the leak is?? As for the performance... well thats a whole diff story and a LONG one at that!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
This is why I stayed away. Damn 600.00! The least Anthony could do is respond. I have called him out on several of his shop hp claims.

Nvr would have let him touch my car even thogh I know two guys who have claimed success with him.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
I just hope my car still runs right when the factory manifold is back on