CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Hydroplaned, wrecked, I'm a girl, don't know where to start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 MB CLK 320
Unhappy Hydroplaned, wrecked, I'm a girl, don't know where to start.

I have (had) a 2001 CLK320 Coupe. Hydroplaned. Depressed. Not sure where to even start, I saw someone recommend parts.com, anyone know of any other good places to find replacement body parts? I have to provide the parts and a guy is going to do the labor for cheap, I can't afford a ton right now. Thank you guys sooo much.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Look around at junkyards, and parts.com has saved me thousands upon thousands.. Glad to hear your alright
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM

2004 E55
sorry bout the accident, it happens, There are acouple people parting out clks, check out the classifieds here. Heres to get you started
https://mbworld.org/forums/exterior-...208-parts.html, good luck
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brilliant Silver CLK 320
You may want to check the classifieds on this site, what all do you need? Do you have any pics of the car?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:42 PM

01 MB CLK 320
Thank you so much for your suggestions, the parts.com site has been great. I'm in need of a drivers side mirror as mine is probably still in the interstate median somewhere, I'll try asking the owners of the parted out cars. I did not take pictures, I could barely look at the car. Thank you again for your suggestions!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
If it were me, I'd call Allstate and tell them they have a car to fix. If you think the damage isn't much more than the deductible, look into what it costs to partially paint and blend a Mercedes - as a dealer approved shop would. Yes, your rate may go up. But at least you'll know the car is properly repaired (and looks good). Besides, you can get a new policy from another insurance company after the fix.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 PM

w208 CLK430, w212 E350, w221 S550
hey im sorry to hear about your accident but theres no need to be depressed. Although it does suck, the car is fixable and it will be working again. Thats just life for ya, you just gotta keep your head up and move forward bcuz as much as it does suck, lifes full of obstacles that you'll have to face every day.

Now for your situation, I definitely agree with MarcusF, bcuz your deductible should be about 1000$ and your premium would go up a bit, but manual repairs are gonna cost you up to a few thousand to repair a Mercedes properly so you'll end up paying more. I believe Allstate has that accident forgiveness program so maybe your deductible wouldnt even go up. Plus if you go thru your insurance you can go to a really reputable shop to get everything properly fixed, so that after this incident you wont have to stress about some parts not working properly. I think if you paid out of pocket that you'd end up paying more and not getting the proper fix for your car. What area are you from? There are a few shops in the bay area that can take care of your car, i go to this shop that Mercedes sends all their cars so its a really good shop. Insurance will pay for it and the work done on your car will come with a warranty with the work too. Anyways good luck and if you need help, this forum is the place to be bcuz the people here are awesome.

edit: also some pics of your damage will show us what you need and will help some members keep an eye out for parts for u.

Last edited by sonnyhoang; 03-01-2011 at 07:17 PM.