CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

19" Lorinser LM5's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Clk430
19" Lorinser LM5's

OK..........So about a month ago I put on my 19" Lorinser LM5's. At first I was taking it easy on the car just to get the feeling of the car with these new rims. Then I started driving normally and maybe pulling a nice holeshot here and there and what I noticed was the rear end felt really loose, like body roll but just in the rear like it was going out and pulling to one side. Is it normal for oversized heavy rims to make a car feel like this when accelerating hard? These are the biggest and heaviest (60 pounds with tires)rims I've ever driven with on a car and dont know if this is normal or not. If so im going to be investing in some strut bars and sway bars.

P.S. Ill get some pics up once it warms up here and I actually have time to wash and detail the car nicely.

Last edited by Silv430ClkR; 03-21-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk 320
How bout u just sell me the wheels and ill throw in my strut bars for free.don't worry vipclk320 if u read this ill buy another set lol.these are just my one of my fav wheels.
But back to the subject silv430 I doubt the body roll has anything to do with the wheels.maybe your just noticing how much body roll your car really has now that you've been paying attention to anything diff that doesn't seem normal.its like that when you first put new stuff on your car.invest in those bars u won't regret it.especially u say u feel it in the rear the most.bra trust me when I tell u that I can make the rear of my car so stiff to the point that I can push down on my trunk and would not bounce one inch.they're well worth the money.especially now that he has them on sale for half the price of original cost.