CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

will a clk55 brake system work in my clk430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00' CLK 430
will a clk55 brake system work in my clk430?

hi all

can someone tell me if a 2001 clk55 amg brake system (rotors, calipers, pads) will fit my 2000 clk 430 without any problems and modifications?

thanks
face118
Old 05-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes
Old 05-27-2003, 04:54 PM

00' CLK 430
thanks mach.

hmm. with that said, its not half *** backwards like the c32 set up correct? plus can anyone recommend a place to get cross drilled/slotted rotors for this setup?

any cons in doing this setup ?

thanks
face118
Old 05-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Check the pricing first. You may rather spend more and get a Brembo kit.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:46 PM

CLK
are the brakes in the C32 better than the CLK55 brakes? why are people getting C32 brakes and flipping them when they could just get CLK55 brakes?

-B
Old 05-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

The C32 brakes are a 4-piston AMG caliper that says AMG on it, while the CLK55 brakes are plain-old uglies
Old 05-29-2003, 09:03 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by Mach430
The C32 brakes are a 4-piston AMG caliper that says AMG on it, while the CLK55 brakes are plain-old uglies
That's real professional of you ben,, especially coming from a distributor of Brembo brake systems. Can you smell it? I can, and have done so for quite a while with regards to you. It seeps through every one of your pores.

You have a member from this forum selling an AMG specified product and you slam it because there's nothing in it for you? Get real. Here's the link with the specs on these brakesAMG Center , they'll out-perform the C32s brakes any day of the week..... and you don't even have to install them backwards
And as far as aesthetics, paint or have them powder coated if you don't like the look. In the end, they're still a superior product.
Another thing, you know that the replacment cost of the CLK55's front system is over $3200.00 +, vs a generous list price of $832.00. These are the Brembo made AMG's which you hold in such high regard. What you forgot to tell your audience, is that they won't stop a CLK nearly as well. But you are right, they are pretty.

I must have forgotten that Daimler Chrysler is in the sympathy business. They now feel that they need to give better stuff away at their expense. A better system for profoundly less money? Sounds good to me.

I ask you once again, ben, can you smell it ?

I thought so.

Joe Navek

Last edited by Joe55; 05-29-2003 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by Joe55
That's real professional of you ben,, especially coming from a distributor of Brembo brake systems. Can you smell it? I can, and have done so for quite a while with regards to you. It seeps through every one of your pores.

You have a member from this forum selling an AMG specified product and you slam it because there's nothing in it for you? Get real. Here's the link with the specs on these brakesAMG Center , they'll out-perform the C32s brakes any day of the week..... and you don't even have to install them backwards
And as far as aesthetics, paint or have them powder coated if you don't like the look. In the end, they're still a superior product.
Another thing, you know that the replacment cost of the CLK55's front system is over $3200.00 +, vs a generous list price of $832.00. These are the Brembo made AMG's which you hold in such high regard. What you forgot to tell your audience, is that they won't stop a CLK nearly as well. But you are right, they are pretty.

I must have forgotten that Daimler Chrysler is in the sympathy business. They now feel that they need to give better stuff away at their expense. A better system for profoundly less money? Sounds good to me.

I ask you once again, ben, can you smell it ?

I thought so.

Joe Navek
WOW - BTW, he was not comparing them to the C32 kit (which we won't sell for a CLK) but a real Brembo kit as you get more for the same money. That seemed clear to me from the post! Of course Ben can sell the CLK55 kit, but why? THE CUSTOMER gets more value from the Brembo set-up!

Can you please explain why you are so confused and upset?

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-29-2003, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can't disagree with Ben that the CLK55 brakes are ugly, compare them with the C32 brakes they look like ****. This is one reason I never looked into getting CLK55 brakes that would actually fit my car w/o using them backwards like the C32 brakes. Damn $3,200 for those brakes is BS, the Brembo big brake kit cost just as much as those brakes !! And they look 100 times better !! BTW if the CLK55 stock brakes are so good why did you change your brake system....?

-Bruce
Old 05-29-2003, 11:25 PM

2001 CLK 55
Hi Brad,

I got a little perturbed when Ben decided to follow up a question from Bjorn with a tacky, lame-as.. sales pitch. His tone did indeed come across as if the two were being compared, and the CLK55's system was inferior somehow (quote: The C32 brakes are a 4-piston AMG caliper that says AMG on it, while the CLK55 brakes are plain-old uglies ). He never answered his question, are the C32 systems better than the CLK55's??? To someone with limited experience and resources, these kind of statements are construed as though the original AMGs are outdated and the new C32 brakes are the better choice. And most of us already know the truth to this question?

Evosport has always been a reputable establishment in my eyes. Your shop reaches out and gives it their best to make already awesome cars, more awesome. This I respect. Ben, on the other hand, has a demeanor about him that has rubbed me the wrong way on several occasions, not just this one.

He wants to sell stuff, that's his God given right. But at least have the respect for MB owners to address issues head on, not some cheap subliminal BS that's flat out misleading.

Joe

BTW, Happy Bithday Brad

Last edited by Joe55; 05-30-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:51 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by LowRydeR
You can't disagree with Ben that the CLK55 brakes are ugly, compare them with the C32 brakes they look like ****. This is one reason I never looked into getting CLK55 brakes that would actually fit my car w/o using them backwards like the C32 brakes. Damn $3,200 for those brakes is BS, the Brembo big brake kit cost just as much as those brakes !! And they look 100 times better !! BTW if the CLK55 stock brakes are so good why did you change your brake system....?

-Bruce
I knew I was supercharging this car and needed to find a system which was more efficeint at dissapating the heat. The Brembo system had what I needed for a car that was going to be producing over 4??+ RWHP. Yes, I switched to a 14in. floating disk, Brembo system for a little margin of improvement, and paid $3000 to do it. Could I have left the stock system on it, yah, probably, but I'm certain that my current system (14in Brembo) will handle the ADDED heat a little better.

As to the original AMG's looking like ****, I don't agree. But I do agree that $3200.00 for brakes is bull**** for a car that'll seldom come close to testing their limits. In addition, the AMG brake kit that I listed was for $800....that's as close to "Christmas" as you can get.

Before anyone asks, the Kleemann supercharger goes in this coming Monday.

BTW...cool car, cleanest one around (next to mine of course )
Old 05-30-2003, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, after seeing the post where you are selling your stock CLK55 brakes, your post makes a lot more sense! Thanks for the comment on my car btw.

-Bruce
Old 05-30-2003, 09:01 AM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by LowRydeR
Hey, after seeing the post where you are selling your stock CLK55 brakes, your post makes a lot more sense! Thanks for the comment on my car btw.

-Bruce
yah, I usually try not to jump on someone just for the hell-of-it.

nice trunk spoiler too

Old 05-31-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
There's a few CLK owners with the C32 AMG brake setup. I will wait a little bit to get their impressions. Those brakes are so tempting.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
ur right.. they are so tempting. And the price that ws mentioned earlier was amazing. The thing is... that when issues get a bit too technical for me, i tend to back out off a little. But all i really need to know is... is there some kind of an assurance that for a normal cruise driving guy like me, who's usually stuck in traffic most of the time.... can i fit those C32 kits on? Will there be any major problems? I need to know cause i'm seriously thinking of getting those brakes. I really like the looks and because everything on my car is AMG, i cant really go for **** like brembo, or lorinser, or brabus or whatever else there may be.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Originally posted by Ahmed
ur right.. they are so tempting. And the price that ws mentioned earlier was amazing. The thing is... that when issues get a bit too technical for me, i tend to back out off a little. But all i really need to know is... is there some kind of an assurance that for a normal cruise driving guy like me, who's usually stuck in traffic most of the time.... can i fit those C32 kits on? Will there be any major problems? I need to know cause i'm seriously thinking of getting those brakes. I really like the looks and because everything on my car is AMG, i cant really go for **** like brembo, or lorinser, or brabus or whatever else there may be.
Same here, I barely drive my car, and I would like to know what are the serious issues related to this brake setup.