CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Check Engine and Thermostat Temperature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 & 2000 Expedition on 22's
I too am having my check engine light come on and it doesn't appear to be the gas cap. A check engine warning for a gas cap is pretty stupid anyways, most people can manage to put a damn gas cap on, so that warning just something else to malfunction.

A while back it said I need to replace my headlights (which were fine) and then that warning went away.

I'm a fairly new benz owner and from what I have been reading it's got me a little concerned. Are these things notoriously a POS, mechanically and electrically? I mean I've had other cars for years with nothing go wrong. And everything benz related is generally 5 times more expensive than other cars. So it would make one assume they are more reliable, but it doesn't sound that way.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the clk is just a horribly built and manufacturerd car... too too many problems.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM

CLK320
Originally Posted by Brian_I.
I was reading that the O2 sensors are what regulate the air/fuel mixture and if that is not working then your gas mileage may decrease as well as overall vehicle performance. I also read that if left "untreated" the problem could grow and possibly damage the catalytic converter, which will be even more costly to fix. I am far from a mechanic and don't know much about cars so if this info is incorrect pls correct me.
I can confirm with you about this. My car, 2000 CLK 320, had Check Engine on, and the dealer told me it was the O2 sensors. They told me the same thing you quoted here. It has been more than a year since they fixed it and I have not seen any Check Engine.