CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Original Tool Bag/Kit for the CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
Original Tool Bag/Kit for the CLK

Hi guys! I've searched the forum and even searched ebay but could not find the Original Tool Bag or Tool Kit for the CLK. As you know, I got my C pre-owned so it did not have the original tool set anymore. I am referring to the set of tools (usually found in the trunk with the jack, etc.) that comes with the car when you get it brand new from the dealer. Would anyone at the least know what this bag contain? What are the MUST HAVE tools you have to have in the trunk aside from the jack? I'm sure people can opt to take the whole 1 ton tool box and it won't hurt to have everything you need and don't need in the trunk. But I'd like to keep things at a minimum and just bring the necessary ones. For those of you who still have these OEM FACTORY MB CLK Tool bags, you might wanna take a peek and share the details of the content. TIA!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
there is not much in there, you can just buy the pieces seperate as the bag is not worth crap. this is what it contains:

1. tire iron
2. wheel stay( its a little aluminum tube that has treads on one side just like the lug bolt, you use this to hold the wheel up when you change wheels, not necessary but makes things much easier)
3. che3ap plliar
4. retarded looking allen tool which i'm assuming is for the sunroof motor in case the motor fails you can remove the dome light and close it manually
5. screw driver.

and thats it.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 AM

CLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
That's it??? No Torx or hex wrenches??? I have those already in tact in the trunk hahaha! Except the cheap pliers and screwdriver
Old 12-28-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
Some manufacturers have nice tool kits for their cars. Mercedes-Benz went the other route and built cars that don't have to be repaired on the side of the road.

Come on, you know that's funny. At least slightly humorous. Somewhat entertaining. It's even got the photo. Not the slightest bit witty, huh? Oh well, I'll do better in 2012.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Some manufacturers have nice tool kits for their cars. Mercedes-Benz went the other route and built cars that don't have to be repaired on the side of the road.

Come on, you know that's funny. At least slightly humorous. Somewhat entertaining. It's even got the photo. Not the slightest bit witty, huh? Oh well, I'll do better in 2012.
LOL, HAHAHAHA
Old 12-29-2011, 01:03 AM

CLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
Woohoooo! Nice one Marcusf. Thank you for that post, it made my day. And I thought mb owners were Stiff! :-)