CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Crazy electrical lights flickering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 430
Replaced my brake lamp switch a while ago. I recall it not being OEM. So I just ordered an OEM one. Just to rule it out for $18.00

Not every time but everyday for sure I get the ABS/BAS/ESP error. Tonight I had no brake lights once I got the error. Tails lights were fine, but when I stepped on the brake The brake lights did not get any brighter.

Full disclosure it may be worth noting that I had after market LED tail light installed. I do not see how they could be contributing to this, but I just wanted to say that out loud.

This is totally driving me insane. I added it to this thread as I consider it a continuation of the issues started in this thread.

Remember I paid like $2400 to the dealership to have this issue resolved. They spent hours and tracking it down to a wire in the boot hinge. I did not see their actual repair job.

I am read to just cut that rubber boot off and look at all the wires in there for myself.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!!?!?!??!