CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 Convertible
CLK convertible

I have a 2002 Clk 430 convertible -

Well, I have had this car in for service 3 times since august because the top wont come down!!! WTF! Any tips, or reasons why this is happening? I keep on sending it back to the mercedes dealership- it works for a month, and then doesnt work again............
Old 06-25-2003, 03:36 PM

I have a MY00 430 cab. Until this year, I had problems with the top occasionally not going down or more often, not going up. Once the dealer adjusted the alignment of the top mechanism. When it won't go down, I believe it has to do with the sensor the confirms the boot cover inside the trunk is in place. When it won't go up, I believe it has to do with the alignment of the top mechanism under the hard boot. Take it to the dealer and have them check the trunk boot cover sensor. Good luck. (So far this year, I haven't had a problem with the top, so maybe your problem will just go away.)
Old 06-26-2003, 09:06 AM

CLK 430 Convertible
Thanks! Yeah - I figure it has to do something with the sensors in the trunk. But I have been in to service this 2 times already in 6 months, its just getting ridiculous - I want them to give me a new car!! I shouldnt have problems over and over like this with a car that is $75,000! Ya know!