CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Water leaking in footwell, W208 Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 2.7 2004
Water leaking in footwell, W208 Convertible

Hi I have a convertible CLK, the problem I have is that after it has been raining (and its been raining alot in UK) and I drive away, a small amount of water leaks into the nearside footwell, I think its a blocked drain pipe, has anyone had a problem like this ? or know how to solve it ? or gain access to the drain pipe ?
Thanks for your help
Jim
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 AM

CLK 430 Convertible
Hi Jim, I had the same problem - there are some links on here as to how to fix it if you search but a short answer is:

Open the bonnet - on the passenger side at the back of the engine bay there is a plastic box which the windscreen etc all drains into. If you squeeze your hand between the wing and this plastic box you will find a very short rubber hose on the bottom of the box. Pull this off and try to clear out the rubbish that's clogging up the pipe. If this doesn't work remove the top cover (I didn't need to do this). This is a common problem and if I were you I'd not bother putting the rubber part back on. You might want to check the aircon motor, cabin filter etc as this is a major design flaw meaning that when this box is blocked up, water poors straight through the cabin filter into the car!

Hope this helps.

Simon
Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM

ML 2.7 2004
Thanks Simon as soon as it stops raining I will give that a try
cheers Jim
Old 06-04-2012, 02:16 PM

///M5 Beast
Had this same god damn problem!! There is also another water passenger for the driver side, it is located in the middle of the car... open the hood and look above the transmission, under the firewall you will see a rectangle rubber piece, reach inside this rubber and clean the debris.

Not only did water leak into my footwell because of this, it fried my ac/heat relay and my ac/heat control headunit!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:08 PM

ML 2.7 2004
Thanks to Brisk and Simon, spent a few hours losing the skin off my fingers getting the black plastic clips off that drain box, im glad I done it before it fried the electrics, rinsed the pipes with industrial detergent a stick and elbow grease, now dumping water on the road instead of passenger footwell
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk 230k 6-speed cabriolet
Hi,

I had the same problem last year with mine. Be careful because I did both of the above and it didn't cure the problem. I've written a previous about how I solved the problem and what damage was caused, but the main problem on mine was the drain plugs at the back of either sill. It's a square black plastic plug that is about 2 inch up from the back of the sill. Remove it on either side and wash all the silt out. The sill fills with water then leaks into the footwells if you don't.
Regards, Alex.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk 230k 6-speed cabriolet
See here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...nt-advice.html