CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

WIS DVDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
WIS DVDs

For those who don't know - the WIS is the MB digital service manual.

I’m burning copies of the WIS DVDs for some people. If anyone wants a set, PM me. If you live in the SCV or can arrange to pick up the DVDs from me after work (Paramount Pictures in Hollywood) they’re free. To run this version of the WIS you’ll need Windows XP. It can be native Windows XP, XP under Windows 7 (Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate) or XP under Vista (virtual XP, VMWare, Parallel for Windows). For the non-locals, I’ll ship them at cost, sorta. PM me your address, I’ll burn the DVDs, take them to my shipper, and you’ll have them some time next week. AFTER YOU GET IT RUNNING on your PC, drop a $20 (for my expenses) in the envelope I’m including. I’ll enclose the SASE with the DVDs. Yes, you are getting the DVDs first, installing it first, and then paying via honor system. If you have no honor, don’t be a jerk and stiff me (after all, somebody has to pay for the free ones I'm giving away). If you can’t get it to work, then don’t pay. Really, no questions asked. If you are a member of the US armed services or are ex-military, your DVDs are free. Technically the guys dropping $20 in the mail paid for yours, so you can thank them.

Unless someone wants to prepay shipping to Alaska or Hawaii I’m only shipping within the continental US and Canada (provided Canada doesn't cost a fortune). And Japan if J-Will wants a set. For military and ex-military I’ll ship anywhere for free.

I’m only doing this tonight & tomorrow and I'm only burning 50 sets (100 DVDs - when I run out of DVDs, I'm done). Here are the install docs.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
I will more than likely take a set, although i dont have XP i'm sure i can figure out a way to make it work. quick question though does this include the wiring scomatics?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Hey Ash, yes it does have the wiring schematics. Several people have asked if I can bring their DVDs down to SL Day at Cars & Coffee Irvine, did you want to grab it down there or should I drop it in the mail tomorrow? Everyone that’s getting the WIS at Cars & Coffee will pick it up for free – just like grabbing one in SCV or Hollywood. That’s because the biggest expense is the shipper and packaging. The DVDs themselves are cheap. Here is some info on SL Day

That goes for everyone, whether I’ve met them before or not, they just have to tell me in advance so I know how many to bring. SL Day is in a few weeks. After Cars and Coffee we’re going to the MB Classic Center. Last year they had TWO REAL CLK DTMs – a coupe and a cab. They had a couple in 2010 as well. Here is a link to some photos from SL Day last year.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Thanks Marcus, i will keep you updated, i will try to make it outto that meet.