CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG W208
Smile CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser

I finally made a nice Quad Exhaust system for my 2001 CLK55 AMG W208. I originally bought a quad exhaust system on the mbenz form. It was a nice one but I did put a non AMG quad exhaust muffler on an AMG car. It was a regular quad exhaust system for non-AMG W208. I think it came from a clk320 but not sure. After I got it installed, I realized you don't get that powerfully boost that is AMG is know for. I went on a German Ebay website and there are lots of Duplex mufflers for CLK W208 vehicles. I bought a exhaust muffler for AMG W208 Duplex muffler. It works "Amazing!". I swear I think my AMG is faster then it was before! lol When I had a non-AMG muffler on my car it just didn't get that extra quick boost. I was happy I only had it on it for about 6 months or so on my car. It still a nice exhaust system but just not for a AMG car. I guess it looked very nice and always wanted my car to have that quad exhaust look and was in a rush to get a quad exhaust look on my CLK55 car.

I ended up going on www.ebay.de and item number 380278297152 for AMG duplex exhaust system cost close to 1100 Euro and the non-amg 699 Euro. You can probably get it from another company but I read all the remarks and notes about this company and everyone mentioned great things about this company. I HIGHLY recommend people who do want do to something like mine to your W208 CLK, get more info about your car on a German Motor Ebay site. I just installed it today and it works amazing! My car has the super extra boost as soon as I push the pedal! I just love the AMG power again. I just wanted people who were clueless like me and definitively learned my lessen never use non-AMG on a AMG vehicle. lol My next AMG car I get I know I won't make that mistake. Just wanted let people know about this. Here are my new pictures of my car with the quad exhaust AMG duplex muffler. I just took it to a muffler place and only charged me $100 put it on. But other places may or may not charge more money. And the diffuser from the car I ordered it from California. It slabs right on the crease on the originally AMG bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-clk55a.jpg   CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-clk55b.jpg   CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-clk55c.jpg   CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-clk55d.jpg  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 AM

CLK55 Cabrio, Honda Accord 05 had CLK430 Cabrio
When you mean the diffuser slaps on the crease of the bumper does that mean there is no cutting at all how does it atttach

thanks

By the way this is the best quad exhaust ive seen on w208 CLK
Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM

IS THIS THE DIFUSSER THAT YOU USED! http://www.grounddynamics.com/DTM-Re...2ddtm-012c.htm

Check out this system not sure if it would fit like yours because it looks like it works with this bodykit which is entire bumper http://www.expression.be/cars/clk-w2...0M%20parts.jpg

how much was your muffler in us dollars im assuming you paid USD
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM

I found this one from cardomain.com but no contacts not sure if its someone on here but not sure if this whole car is a body kit or just a custom bumper but the rear looks pretty wide What do think this guy did to get quad exhaust!
Attached Thumbnails CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-33106650003_large.jpg   CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-33106650001_large.jpg   CLK55 AMG W208 Quad Exhaust System with Diffuser-33106650007_large.jpg  
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG W208
Originally Posted by mytymaus007
IS THIS THE DIFUSSER THAT YOU USED! http://www.grounddynamics.com/DTM-Re...2ddtm-012c.htm

Check out this system not sure if it would fit like yours because it looks like it works with this bodykit which is entire bumper http://www.expression.be/cars/clk-w2...0M%20parts.jpg

how much was your muffler in us dollars im assuming you paid USD
Yep, that is exactly the diffuser I bought for my car. You would have to go to the body shop to have them to put it on for you. They will use special kind of epoxy glue or special strong 3M for bumper. Then they will have to cut the other side of the bumper. For my bumper, they used some special epoxy glue for fiber bumper so it's on perminantly.
I seen that bumper before, but I think you need to buy that bumper and the exhaust system. I didn't really like it.
My exhaust system costed about $1200. That included shipping cost too. But if you got the non-AMG exhaust system it would cost probably around $800 with shipping cost. The exhaust system is very quiet just like my actually AMG muffler I had on there with that extra boost. It sounds very similar to that exhaust system. It's very nice, I really like it alot! If you wanted to get a CLK430 or CLK55. I would definitively get the CLK55, that's my opinion. lol It's an AMG
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG W208
I found this one from cardomain.com but no contacts not sure if its someone on here but not sure if this whole car is a body kit or just a custom bumper but the rear looks pretty wide What do think this guy did to get quad exhaust!
Dang! That is a bad *** CLK W208! Not sure if it's an AMG or not but either way he made his CLK W208 look very very nice! It looks more like a custom made. I would probably do my car like his as well too. His bumper and exhaust system might cost little pricey but it looks amazing!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
the car in the picture is the limited edition CLK 60 by Renntech. it has a true dual exhaust which means two tanks and not just a pipe routed to the passenger side. i tracked one down and checked it out and am doing mine with the same specs as renntech did theirs. the trunk floor has to be cut and re shaped and the battery has to be relocated. i will post pictures once mine is done in a few weeks.

as for the original poster, the AMGs run 2.5" piping and the 320 and 430 run 2.25" if i'm not mistaking. there is no such thing as a exhaust for AMG and none AMG just the piping diameter and inlet and outlet. many 430s 500s and 550s upgrade to 2.5" to have better flow, so dont look for a exhaust specified for AMG look for the diameter which should be 2.5" hope that helped. Your car looks great and i dont mean to be an A$$ but you could have achived that exact same setup with a $120 2.5" dual inler dual outlet and had a two tips on a y pipe on one side and route a pipe to the other side for the other two tips. I did that setup about 6 years ago and just had it done for my very good friend for $500 inslucing the exhaust, tips and the labor. just trying to be informative.

Trending Topics

Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG W208
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
the car in the picture is the limited edition CLK 60 by Renntech. it has a true dual exhaust which means two tanks and not just a pipe routed to the passenger side. i tracked one down and checked it out and am doing mine with the same specs as renntech did theirs. the trunk floor has to be cut and re shaped and the battery has to be relocated. i will post pictures once mine is done in a few weeks.

as for the original poster, the AMGs run 2.5" piping and the 320 and 430 run 2.25" if i'm not mistaking. there is no such thing as a exhaust for AMG and none AMG just the piping diameter and inlet and outlet. many 430s 500s and 550s upgrade to 2.5" to have better flow, so dont look for a exhaust specified for AMG look for the diameter which should be 2.5" hope that helped. Your car looks great and i dont mean to be an A$$ but you could have achived that exact same setup with a $120 2.5" dual inler dual outlet and had a two tips on a y pipe on one side and route a pipe to the other side for the other two tips. I did that setup about 6 years ago and just had it done for my very good friend for $500 inslucing the exhaust, tips and the labor. just trying to be informative.
Thanks for the info VIPclk320. Tells you how much I know about my cars. lol Always good to get info from other people. I can't wait to see your pictures how your car will be set up! Please have pics under the hood and where you will be putting the battery too. Would be very interested how you will have your exhaust set up!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
99clk cabriolet, 2014 E350, 2020 C63S
I Think Ken Griffey Jr. used to own that car.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by roy123474
Thanks for the info VIPclk320. Tells you how much I know about my cars. lol Always good to get info from other people. I can't wait to see your pictures how your car will be set up! Please have pics under the hood and where you will be putting the battery too. Would be very interested how you will have your exhaust set up!
I will post pictures and the process so if anyone is intrested in doing that they can see what it involves which i can tell you its alot but i'm not planning on ever selling this car so i'm going all out on it.

Originally Posted by MG21
I Think Ken Griffey Jr. used to own that car.
Yes he did brother, it was on ebay a few years ago for $40k or so in florida.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Roy, nice job!!! love the quad look ..
Where did you get the labor done , Im in Farmington Hills but dont trust just any place to touch my exhuast . Thanks