CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK200 Automatic transmission question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year 2000 CLK 200 Sport
Question CLK200 Automatic transmission question

Hi Guys i am new to this forum so please advice me if i ask the wrong questions at the wrong places

My Car is a late year 2000 (facelift) 200 CLK sport (no compressor)

Was wondering about how to measure the automatic transmission oil ?
A guy told me it had to be done in the MB repair shop because something about a fuse which had to be re-setted or reinstalled.

Of course there is a censor for the oil ? , that will tell me in the dashboard that the oil level is low ?
Does it also tell if the censor is broken (like it does with the lights) ?

I am quite a DIY guy, currently shifting out my springs and doing some welding on the spring covers. I managed to modify a 20$ spring compressor sett to safely and easy removal of the springs, apart from the compressor..no need for any 'special' tools.

(i am in the welding process, but planing to make a tutorial with pictures etc as soon as i am done with the job)
And yes i have been searching the forum and web for my questions but you all know how it is not always easy to find specific answers.

Sorry about the digression, will i be able to measure, shift out the gear oil myself ?