CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

DEALER RENEGED ON CONTRACT --- SUPERCHARGED CLK430 CABRIOLET FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
DEALER RENEGED ON CONTRACT --- SUPERCHARGED CLK430 CABRIOLET FOR SALE

Hi All, New Country Audi of Greenwhich, CT. has reneged on a contract I had for them to take my car in trade and sell me a R230... So, I'm open to fair offers on my car, for buyers in the market for a car NOW.

I don't need to go on & on about what a timelessly classic body the w208 is, nor do I need to over emphasize the fantastically low mileage & condition of my car However here are some notable pieces of information for anyone considering making a move:

I'm the second owner of this car. I purchased this car from a 78 & 79year old husband & wife couple, this was the wife's grocery getter, I purchased it in April 2009 it had 22k on it. It was purchased stock, needless to say. Btw, this is the last year of this classic body style.

I've added/performed the following:

HPS SUPERCHARGER $4500 + $1500 Labor
H&R SPRINGS w/ BILSTEIN STRUTS: $500 + $350 labor
Body shop Deleted US front sidemarkers for clean euro impact-strip look $250
Body Shop "rolled" front fenders a tad so NO rubbing $300
AMG AERO II OEM RIMS $1500
GHOSTRIDER Rear Camber Kit $220 + Install
OEM Wood shift knob. $50
OEM Xenon headlights (car came w/halogens) $450 + install labor
TOTAL: $ 10,020.00 -- from what I recall..may be other things.. OH, had a rim or 2 reconditioned..(currently some minor lip discolorations or tiny curb rash, very minor)

Service/etc
Replaced 2 convertible top "shocks"- $400
Replaced window seals & gaskets - $259.75
Replaced Fuel filter $39.11
Steering Damper $27.20
Engine mounts $153.74
Brake Jobs $378 each
TOTAL: $1,635.80
++ Plus more, have all receipts for parts & work.....

CAR DETAILS: I did all of the homework myself on S/C's prior to buying/installing, at the end of the day going with HPS (who had 10yrs of experience w/ M113 s/c's and who's unit was a "bolt on" requiring no ecu mods or cooling) seemed to be the safest, maintenance free choice, and since 2011 when it was installed I've had ZERO issues, but LOTS of FUN! ..I came from a 05' E55, and my butt dyno has not been disappointed by this drop-top, low maintenance (no ABC, air suspension, etc) speed demon.

I have 51k currently, the car runs & drives lovely. I drive avg about 10miles per day m-f and not much on the weekends.. The car is in GREAT condition, almost no flaws of significance for a 10yr old car. SEE the photo album. There are NO known or suspected mechanical flaws, I service my car regularly with a MASTER MB TECH of 15 years, who owns & built his own HIGHLY MODIFIED TURBO C36, currently he fixes Celebrity cars for a NY area MB DEALERSHIP..I WILL HAPPILY put him in touch with you if want to verify the car's condition! The cosmetic flaws are as follows:

Tiny ( 1/8" or smaller) chip on windshield glass.
Tiny (1/16 x 1.5") surface scuff on left rear bumper impact strip
Tiny 1/16" nicks 3 or so, near drivers rear wheel qtr pnl
A few rub marks on convertible top from opening/closing
Clock/Gear selector LCD's have gotten pixelated
Vinyl tear 3/8" on inside of door vinyl (can not be seen w/door closed) use glue to repair.
Tiny paint chips (pinhead size) near drivers door jamb, from 79yr old lady prior owner, applied touchup paint to it & it's unnoticeable unless you bring out your magnifying glass.
Tiny hood (from underside) dent where s/c touched hood- PDR fix for $50
Tires will soon need replacement - normal wear on rims

I park AWAY from EVERYONE anytime I park in a parking lot, I don't parallel park (for concern for people hitting my bumpers), I do NOT eat or drink (other than water) in my car, etc, etc.. I'm very detail oriented, and aside from those tiny flaws this car is a cream puff...

Let me do the homework for you, like I was shopping for a car myself:

CAR VALUES: WITH NO MODS..

NADA: CLEAN TRADE-IN: $15,800 RETAIL: $19,250
MANHEIM: AUCTION: $15,100 +fees, etc, RETAIL: $21,000
AUTOTRADER AVG: $17,900

** AVERAGE PRICE: $17,810 ***
PLUS $10,020 IN MODS = $27,830 in VALUE

MY PRICE WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE HPS S/C $14,999 OBO---
LOCATED IN LONG ISLAND, NY.

This is more than a value, it's a rare opportunity, to own a rare classic, with unique and subtle mods... Thanks for your interest.

Check out the album below:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ible-sale.html

Last edited by whitee; 03-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500 Cab
Is it me or did I miss the year somewhere?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
From the description (last year of this classic body style) it's a 2003 model.

Couple a weeks ago I test drove a Lexus IS convertible (e.g. only to claim the $75 VISA gift card offered).....wasn't impressed at all.

They offered me $5,500 in trade for my 2001 CLK320 cabriolet, which is in pristine condition with low mileage and factory options (e.g. Xenon headlights, fog lights, heated seats, windshield rain sensors etc.). Unfortunately, dealers send older cars like this straight to the auction.

While I could probably get $8,000 for it on a private sale, after the test drive, I decided otherwise.

Have owned my CLK since new, it has been problem free (e.g. only repairs were mass air flow and crank shaft position senors) and more fun to drive.....just wish it had the lumbar support, backup camera, 6 disk CD changer and other wizardry like the newer models.

Last edited by Serndipity; 03-19-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 PM

CLK55
^^ Yeah... I hear ya... but Manheim on my car is only a few k below my asking price... Worst case, if I get too antsy, I'll use a friends account and send her to auction...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 PM

CLK55
SORRY 2003 CLK 430 CAB..

MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER! Looking to move her quickly.

Last edited by whitee; 03-19-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM

CLK55
I'll make a real for sale post once it's off... Buuut
I'm taking off the HPS GEN.1 S/C since I'm about to trade my car in..
HPS GENERATION 1 S/C WILL BE FOR SALE... PM me if you want to offer before the post.
Search the forums to see the average selling price for a pre-owned one, and then shoot an offer... HAS BEEN THE BEST INVESTMENT/ ADDITION I've made to my 430, and I've loved every day of having the extra HP, and especially for the price! These S/C's can't be beat!! I have the install PDF manual, and a 40+ pictorial of the original installation (my mechanic who installed & is removing it is a MB shop foreman) that I'd be happy to send the buyer, or link them to the album.

**** 3/22 - S/C has a deposit... Taking back up names.. but 99% says it's sold on Saturday. Will update this then, upon completion of the sale. Thank you.

Last edited by whitee; 03-22-2013 at 02:12 PM.