CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

1st Video of my Spinners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
Old 09-04-2003, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Originally posted by J Lucas
Im not even sure why you are even responding to Pauls comments.. Hes french and we all know what good for nothing the french are...

Ah rite... "coz we Americans dont take shiieet from no one! **** the French and their statue of liberty while we at it"

Grow up you little child

and for the person who attempted to insult me with my apparent stock rims... I should correct you in saying they aren't stock but Carlsson.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
I always feel like if you don't have something good to say then why bother saying anything at all. If funthaiguy put up his video and called out for opinions that would be one thing. But he didn't, he put this up after some of us posted requests for it on his other thread about his spinners.
If you don't like spinners then why even click on the link, let alone post negative comments? Did the "1st Video of my Spinners" title not give it away?
I wish someone would post a list of "acceptable" rims on here so we could all go out and get them. But then we'd all be riding around with the same ones, so maybe we should just keep the stocks on. Isn't the purpose of these boards to talk about our mods and check out what other guys are doing to their rides?
Why do all you haters want everyone to get Carlsson's anyways, what's the deal with that?
Old 09-04-2003, 02:50 PM

CLK 320
It's got nothing to do with "hating". This is a message board and people are entitled to their own opinions. The world doesn't end after America and people from different cultures would not understand the reasons for putting these rims. If he wanted praises then I'm sure his own friends could have provided that and not need reassurance from nobodys on the internet.

As I said earlier, it's his car and he's entitled to do whatever he wants with it
Old 09-04-2003, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
if your decisions on mods for your car, or any aspect of your life for that matter, are dependent upon the opinions of a bunch of people sitting in front of a computer leaving messages on a forum, then i believe the issues reach far beyond the obvious insecurity. there is no "list of acceptable rims" for your CLK, you put whatever you want on there, whatever makes YOU happy. you seem to be quite happy with your opinion, yet no one else is allowed to be nearly as entitled to theirs as you are to yours. opinions are like *******s, everyones got one, they all stink, and they sure as hell arent going anywhere, so get used to it. if you dont agree with someone, great, thats what makes this world fun, but dont get all bent out of shape....
Old 09-04-2003, 03:59 PM

2017 GLE 350 Wifey, 2005 C55 AMG
Hey Petei, wanna sell those 2/5's?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:19 PM

2006 E350
Originally posted by Petie
if your decisions on mods for your car, or any aspect of your life for that matter, are dependent upon the opinions of a bunch of people sitting in front of a computer leaving messages on a forum, then i believe the issues reach far beyond the obvious insecurity. there is no "list of acceptable rims" for your CLK, you put whatever you want on there, whatever makes YOU happy. you seem to be quite happy with your opinion, yet no one else is allowed to be nearly as entitled to theirs as you are to yours. opinions are like *******s, everyones got one, they all stink, and they sure as hell arent going anywhere, so get used to it. if you dont agree with someone, great, thats what makes this world fun, but dont get all bent out of shape....
That's true and all, but I think what everyone is trying to say is that people don't have to be rude to share their opinion. You can just say I don't like them for such and such a reason. Some people get out of hand and are very rude and vulgar with their comments. It's OK to not like them, but constructive criticism is the way to go, not rude and demeaning comments.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by ELENI
That's true and all, but I think what everyone is trying to say is that people don't have to be rude to share their opinion. You can just say I don't like them for such and such a reason. Some people get out of hand and are very rude and vulgar with their comments. It's OK to not like them, but constructive criticism is the way to go, not rude and demeaning comments.
haha but what i notice is that the only one that should actually have an excuse to get worked out about what some people said is the one person thats not being childish about it. i think all of this has gotten out of hand. youre most definitely right, "i dont like them" would have sufficed instead of "they are damn awful and ugly" and what not, but wouldnt we get a lot farther by just ignoring things like that instead of making it an issue?

blah....anyway, i want to know how much worse the breaking is on the car now with the spinners? i always wondered just how much longer it takes your car to stop? TIA
Old 09-04-2003, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by moedigga
Hey Petei, wanna sell those 2/5's?
not really, but for enough money, i guess i could be talked into it.....i dont think you can really find them anymore, is that true?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Originally posted by Petie
I understand your point Petie. I was not trying to start a debate with any of my previous posts so I apologize if I caused any sort of animosity.
BTW, although it may not have come across that way, I was being somewhat sarcastic in my last post.

Peace in the middle east!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by Samoan_Ridah
I understand your point Petie. I was not trying to start a debate with any of my previous posts so I apologize if I caused any sort of animosity.
BTW, although it may not have come across that way, I was being somewhat sarcastic in my last post.

Peace in the middle east!
someone told me once that i tend to get a bit aggressive at times, dont know what they were talking about :o