CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Newbie - Needs help with CLK320 issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 W208
Newbie - Needs help with CLK320 issues

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and just purchased a CLK320 2001.

Beautiful car but not without her problems.

I was told the MAF was replaced in December, but it has been having hesitation issues on acceleration to the point of stalling sometimes which is very dangerous. I bout a second hand MAF and installed it but has done the same thing.
It also has thrown up codes P0140 - O2 Sensor bank 1, sensor 2.
Question is what senor is this and on what side passenger or drivers? and before or after the cat.
Have read in some posts that it is the passenger side after the cat but i'm in Australia and wanted to confirm its the same as European or US models?
would this issue also contribute to the hesitation and stalling?
Or would I need to replace my Acceleration position sensor? Does this throw a code?

Hopefully I'm on the right track in fixing these issues. Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Brad
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 PM

CLK320 W208
Originally Posted by brad.hglangdon
Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and just purchased a CLK320 2001.

Beautiful car but not without her problems.

I was told the MAF was replaced in December, but it has been having hesitation issues on acceleration to the point of stalling sometimes which is very dangerous. I bout a second hand MAF and installed it but has done the same thing.
It also has thrown up codes P0140 - O2 Sensor bank 1, sensor 2.
Question is what senor is this and on what side passenger or drivers? and before or after the cat.
Have read in some posts that it is the passenger side after the cat but i'm in Australia and wanted to confirm its the same as European or US models?
would this issue also contribute to the hesitation and stalling?
Or would I need to replace my Acceleration position sensor? Does this throw a code?

Hopefully I'm on the right track in fixing these issues. Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Brad
Guys

Any help would be appreciated...

I'm still having issues with stalling and hesitation.

I have replaced the MAF 4 times now each one performs ok for a while then has issues. Mainly in the morning after I drive for a few minutes.
I have 3 spare Bosch MAF's and one BBT. The BBT is brand new and I put on the car 2 days ago first day no issues at all but this morning it kept doing the same thing. I haven't checked the code yet but pretty certain that it will throw the MAF code. Can anything else throw this code? Will the Throttle Position sensor throw a MAF code?

Also I can press my AUTO button off on my climate control. Any ideas? How do you turn it off?

Its a beautiful car but its stating to drive me nuts and all I need is my wife saying I told you so about European cars....

Please help.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
Is the rubber seal that sits between the MAF and the air intake tube OK? If torn or not properly seated, unmetered air could enter the system
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 AM

CLK320 W208
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Is the rubber seal that sits between the MAF and the air intake tube OK? If torn or not properly seated, unmetered air could enter the system

Thanks MarcusF but it looks all ok to me.