CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

God of Thunder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 Coupe
God of Thunder

Hey guys and gals, just a question. I have searched the threads and have found many topics regaurding exhaust combos, and have wondered if anyone has ever done a resonator and muffler delete and installed dare i say it a ricer style straight through type muffler? Would this sound good? Or like crap. have seen and heard many clips on youtube on this but have not seen this combo yet. Any thoughts? Also will doing this delete affect the check engine light or emmisions systems in any way
?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by HWYSTAR
Hey guys and gals, just a question. I have searched the threads and have found many topics regaurding exhaust combos, and have wondered if anyone has ever done a resonator and muffler delete and installed dare i say it a ricer style straight through type muffler? Would this sound good? Or like crap. have seen and heard many clips on youtube on this but have not seen this combo yet. Any thoughts? Also will doing this delete affect the check engine light or emmisions systems in any way
?
Not sure about the sound, but removing the resonator and muffler will not throw a CEL. Deleting your cats will.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Originally Posted by Josh K
Not sure about the sound, but removing the resonator and muffler will not throw a CEL. Deleting your cats will.
deleting your front cats will throw a code. the backs will not.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Japanese CLK Stock No Primary CATS, No Code
I could have sworn that Ghost/P1 Performance didn't get a code with his full exhaust mod with primary cats removed.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 AM

2001 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 Coupe
Thanks guys, i am looking for sound without sacrificing too much backpressure. As we all know that feeling you get in the seat of your pants when you mash the go pedal is caused by torque, not horsepower. So i was thinking that deleting tyhe resonator and muffler and having a sport compact style DTM high flow muffler might give me what i want with minimal losses. And just off topic, williams arent you the one who did the dual setup on your CLK?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Originally Posted by Williams707
Japanese CLK Stock No Primary CATS, No Code
I could have sworn that Ghost/P1 Performance didn't get a code with his full exhaust mod with primary cats removed.
Jimmy, Mel didn't remove the primaries, he just moved them down stream to where the secondarys were and moved the sensors down there as well. I don't think the primary and secondary cats are the same so that's why he did what he did. I could be wrong. Maybe ghostrider is out there lurking and can chime in?

Last edited by dlbehrns; 08-02-2013 at 11:35 PM.