CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Cabriolet Position Sensor Logic Diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W124_W208_W209_W219
Arrow Cabriolet Position Sensor Logic Diagram

Good day MB enthusiasts - I am in the process of remaking my 1999 CLK 230 and presently I need assistance with the following:
I have removed the rear seats, roll bar / headrest assembly in preparation to install a custom rear stereo system, if you have been following my posts this W208 was heavily mashed up by the previous owner - and of course the top does not work.. I need a diagram of the position sensor logic to bypass the circuit and "close the loop" to allow the panel mounted trunk switch to work, and the top closed position sensor to "see" the correct closed circuit. Last weekend I checked the position switch located above the left front seat (passengers seat here in Trinidad) and the unit is fully functional.. I presently get the annoying "Beep Beep" upon initial drive - and the cabriolet up / down switch continues flashing, while the rear headrest up / down switch middle light glows red constantly. Thanks so much in advance...
Bruce
Trinidad & Tobago
Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 230 a208 cabriolet
Question

Hi. I have had a similar problem. I have worked out that when all windows and rear headrests are up; on unlocking the roof, the windows and headrest retracts. The rear roof lock, then releases. The rear part of the roof lifts and stays vertical. The rear cover then unlocks and lifts. The roof then folds into the boot space. If the sensors do not detect any of the previous movements, I have found that observing each stage might help. In my case. I unlocked the roof and the windows retracted. The rear headrests retracted and the rear roof lock actuated. However, it didn't release properly so I stripped down the car and rear head rests. I reset and opened up the hydraulic pressure valve and operated the roof manually. On reading through these threads, I was able to reset the roof (about half an hour ago) and re fitted the interior. It now works perfectly. I will write a flow diagram now it works properly so you may be able to work out from the flow diagram where the problem lies. This issue may have been because the system didn't recognise when the rear headrests were in the lower retracted position
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 174 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
No need to reinvent the wheel......the forum search feature is your friend.

You will find all the information you're asking for here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...-problems.html
Old 03-03-2014, 01:05 PM

clk 230 a208 cabriolet
Excellent. Thank you Serendipity. I will have a good look at it now.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 174 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
In particular, the attachments in post #16, detail all of the required switch conditions vs. the stages of operation, what the blinking light on the main switch indicates, the position/limit switch and hydraulic cylinder wiring diagrams etc.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM

clk 230 a208 cabriolet
Aye. just looking through the info now. I bought a digital manual to sort this out which needs a virtual machine program to run (and it doesn't). Most wasteful £15.00 I have paid to damage my computer operating system. This info is invaluable considering this is the second roof problem I have had in under a month. thank you again. Much appreciated