CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2002 CLK 430 PO600 & PO705 could use some input.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Silver C55, 2008 Ducati 1098
2002 CLK 430 PO600 & PO705 could use some input.

I have a 2002 CLK 430 that was handed down to me by my brother after my C55 got totaled cause some ******* ran a red light, I curse that day everyday since.

None the less. I was at a gas station in chicago after a soccer game, got out to get a drink, turned the car off. Got back in, turned the car on BAS ESP lights came on, car would not shift out of park and no readout of what gear it was in on the dash. Sat there for 30 minutes trying to get it out of park, broke part of the plastic the surrounds the shifter. Finally did some googling and found the manual override. But stuck in limp mode and would not shift out of 1st.

After some reading went with easy fix, Brake Light Switch cause the BAS ESP lights, didn't fix it. Next, Conductor Plate replaced with new filter, new conductor plate connector, new ATF. No dice. Then I did some more reading and went with the shifter, ordered one off of ebay that was used and no dice. It actually brought up a second code PO600 when the new used shifter was in. I also pulled the TCM and everything seemed good, sprayed it down with Contact Cleaner as well. So now, I am kinda a bit lost.

I had a friend with a similar problem and replaced the shifter and no problems, but said that he had to buy the shifter new from the dealership because some programming or reprogramming issue, not sure. So I am wondering if me buying an old used shifter will work or if I have to buy a new shifter from the dealer? Also after replacing the shifter, will I have to have the codes erased by MB or should they just disappear? I have a Matco MD1400 reader and deleter. Not sure if that suffices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankfully the weather has been nice enough here for a motorcycle lately. But have a wedding tonight and riding a motorcycle with a suit can't be that much fun, even though it may look pretty cool.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Silver C55, 2008 Ducati 1098
Also I did all of the work myself thus far, so if someone has questions on doing the conductor plate just let me know.