CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How to get rid of super glue thats on my car paint? (Trunk where emblem is)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK430
How to get rid of super glue thats on my car paint? (Trunk where emblem is)

So, when I bought my car it only came with half of the emblem. The round part was missing. I went to go look for a new one but my friend told me he had one at the shop he works at on a c240. we go there and he takes my emblem off and tries to put the c240 on not knowing that it was smaller than the clk. after realizing the slots dont fit into the holes, he plies them off and tries to super glue the damn thing on my car..but that didnt work so now theres left over super glue residue in a circular formation on the trunk of my car. I want to know how to get rid of it? I bought a new emblem and it should be here tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
I have never had this problem personally so I had to ask good old google and this is what I found.

Acetone will easily remove the cyanoacrylate - but be very careful, it can remove your paint, too!

Lightly damp an old T-Shirt (or Q-tip if you want more precision) with Acetone, and try a couple of really quick swipes. The Cyanoacrylate should melt immediately. Every swipe or two, turn the rag to a clean section, re-apply a small amount of Acetone, and swipe again until the surface is clean. The cyanoacrylate will be re-deposited onto the rag.

Try this at your own risk, as the Acetone could create a bigger problem than you've got on your hands, now!

Hope this helps.

************DO NOT EVER LET SOMEONE USE SUPER GLUE ON YOUR CLK PAINT AGAIN OR RISK BANNING JK LOL****************************

Greg
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
No dude, seriously don't use harsh chemicals. I used to "shave emblems" and side moldings on trucks for friends, soak the glue in WD-40, or this http://www.autogeek.net/3m-stripe-off-wheel-07498.html
Old 01-05-2014, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 430
Googone