CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mercedes Benz Club of America

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK320
Mercedes Benz Club of America

I just became a member for the next (3) years of Mercedes Benz Club of America. Any other benefits I should be using besides the discounts from the dealership? Thanks!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
Speaking as a 10+ year member who belongs to two sections in So Cal and who also attends events outside of my section (I have yet to find a section who says I can't attend their events), there are local events like car shows, driving schools, rallies, museum tours, parties, etc. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at the events page from the Los Angeles Section. That site has photos from many of last year's events. Also, look in The Southwest Star Magazine - a free Mercedes specific magazine that covers MB events across the entire southwest region. Speaking of which, there are regional and national events like StarFest, trips to Germany, StarTech, Concours d'Elegance, Cruises, etc.

And there are discounts on everything. The Club Store just finished a closeout sale where there where the entire inventory was discounted. Also, looking further down at the L.A. section's events page, you'll see the next event is a tour at Warner Bros. - the club gets a 35% discount. Those in So Cal regularly visit the Classic Center in Irvine - which you cannot pay to tour (here are some photos from one of last year's Classic Center tours). You already know about the new car discount from MB, but how about hearing from club members how they regularly get new and/or used cars from dealers for way less than retail or advertised prices. If you need a car in So Cal, everyone knows someone who can get a big discount. Also, the L.A. section regularly gives away swag. The swag list includes jackets, beach towels, license frames, flash lights, hats, MB trunk coolers, etc. I don't know about Florida, but if it's like So Cal, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

Even those who aren't members should look into the club. Two years ago we had HUNDREDS of Mercedes turn out for MB day at Cars and Coffee - think I'm exaggerating? Here are the photos. And we packed the place again in 2012. And yeah, you saw the photos from last year.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK320
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Speaking as a 10+ year member who belongs to two sections in So Cal and who also attends events outside of my section (I have yet to find a section who says I can't attend their events), there are local events like car shows, driving schools, rallies, museum tours, parties, etc. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at the events page from the Los Angeles Section. That site has photos from many of last year's events. Also, look in The Southwest Star Magazine - a free Mercedes specific magazine that covers MB events across the entire southwest region. Speaking of which, there are regional and national events like StarFest, trips to Germany, StarTech, Concours d'Elegance, Cruises, etc.

And there are discounts on everything. The Club Store just finished a closeout sale where there where the entire inventory was discounted. Also, looking further down at the L.A. section's events page, you'll see the next event is a tour at Warner Bros. - the club gets a 35% discount. Those in So Cal regularly visit the Classic Center in Irvine - which you cannot pay to tour (here are some photos from one of last year's Classic Center tours). You already know about the new car discount from MB, but how about hearing from club members how they regularly get new and/or used cars from dealers for way less than retail or advertised prices. If you need a car in So Cal, everyone knows someone who can get a big discount. Also, the L.A. section regularly gives away swag. The swag list includes jackets, beach towels, license frames, flash lights, hats, MB trunk coolers, etc. I don't know about Florida, but if it's like So Cal, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

Even those who aren't members should look into the club. Two years ago we had HUNDREDS of Mercedes turn out for MB day at Cars and Coffee - think I'm exaggerating? Here are the photos. And we packed the place again in 2012. And yeah, you saw the photos from last year.
Awesome man! I'll check it out! Glad to be a member. I just bought new floor mats and some interior wood pieces from the dealership. The discount pretty much already paid for the membership. Thanks!