CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bad service from a bodyshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Bad service from a bodyshop

Hey guys, just want to know your opinions:

My car being hit and run by someone, and I brought my car to this top-notch body shop in my area (seattle). However, their job was not as I expected to be. THe damage on my car was on the driver door, rear left fender, the rear bumper and the trunk.
When I got my car back, the condition was like this:

1. driver door was not installed properly (a little bit off compared to the passenger door)
2. they forgot to put it the noise insulator in the driver door
3. car was dirty (liquid spot everywhere, probably because of the clear coating)
4. the inner fender was not smooth and was not painted
5. the side skirt and rear bumper were promised to be buffed, but they didn't do it.
6. lastly, the trunk squeaks

The thing that make me mad is the inner fender part, it seems to me that they just wanted to save labor and fix the fender as long it looks good from outside.

WHat do you guys think? Can I get a compensation from this bodyshop?

THanks,

Solihin
Old 12-08-2003, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Tell them to re-do it or youll take legal action, if they are a top notch bodyshop, stuff like this wouldnt happen, complain until things get done your way, or just tell them that you'll tell everyone to stay away from them. If your paying top bucks for a top notch body shop, you shouldnt be getting premium work from them like that, thats just shady business.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:45 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
Are you claiming insurance or is this out of pocket?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
if you are having the insurance pay for it (which I assume should be the case), and if this really is a TOP-NOTCH bodyshop, they may be on the preferred list of bodyshops from the insurance company...

if that is the case, if they have to redo it 100 times, they will have to redo it 100 times or else the insurance won't pay them...

either case, if they are taking your money to do repair work... always demand that the work be done right the first time... or at least, the 2nd time...
Old 12-09-2003, 01:44 AM

MB
there are 2 claims for my car.
one is through insurance and the other one is out of my pocket.
I didn't notice it after like 2 weeks I got back my car. So, I paid them full already. Anyway, thanks guys, I apprecite it.
Let's see what's going to happen.

Thanks,

Solihin
Old 12-09-2003, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
well. i would definitely bring my car back and have a serious talk w/ the manager or owner of the shop. Luckily for me, I've only been in one accident many years ago, where i had to bring my car to a body shop for repairs. They did a decent job. But from what i've seen , the more you pressure the body shop to finish your car on a certain date, the lousier the job they do.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: Bad service from a bodyshop

Originally posted by hinhin7
Hey guys, just want to know your opinions:

My car being hit and run by someone, and I brought my car to this top-notch body shop in my area (seattle). However, their job was not as I expected to be. THe damage on my car was on the driver door, rear left fender, the rear bumper and the trunk.
When I got my car back, the condition was like this:

1. driver door was not installed properly (a little bit off compared to the passenger door)
2. they forgot to put it the noise insulator in the driver door
3. car was dirty (liquid spot everywhere, probably because of the clear coating)
4. the inner fender was not smooth and was not painted
5. the side skirt and rear bumper were promised to be buffed, but they didn't do it.
6. lastly, the trunk squeaks

The thing that make me mad is the inner fender part, it seems to me that they just wanted to save labor and fix the fender as long it looks good from outside.

WHat do you guys think? Can I get a compensation from this bodyshop?

THanks,

Solihin
Your FIRST Mistake was to pickup the car!
DO NOT accept a Half A$$ repair job
Because the Insurance Co Wont pay Til the car is released
You can Use that to Help re the repairs!
Keep the rental and say Call me when its Repaired
This Works!!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Solihin,

I live in Seattle too.

Which body shop did you go to?

I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake.

thanks!

-shehryar
Old 12-09-2003, 08:35 PM

MB
clkal: I didn;t put any pressure on them. I simply dropped the car at the bodyshop and told them to call me when it's done. Apparently, it took about almost 2 weeks for this to be done.

Mark Cummins: yeah, i was a little excited to get my car back, didn;t realize that there were so much flaw in the car. I may not have noticed the other things but I should have seen the inner fender coz that was the part being repaired.

khans: it was the Metro bodyshop in downtown area. The good thing about them is that they guarantee their job(paint) for as long as you have the car. If you have someone's insurance to pay you, this is a good place to go. They charge so much on labor. Just to paint the front bumper, they charge you around $700-800.

Solihin