CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Down with Brabus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK, X5
Alas, all is resolved. The rear apron should be at my door tomarrow, and as compensation for waiting two weeks after Christmas, Brabus offered to install *for free* a "Brabus" emblem on my trunk. I guess i underestimated the shrewd negotiation skills of my mom. I would never actually pay 125 for an emblem, so I was ecstatic about the compromise. I suppose they reasoned that perhaps they did screw up in the midst of this confusion, and they were willing to make amends and do future business with me. :P
Old 01-08-2004, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by PerformanceCLK
Alas, all is resolved. The rear apron should be at my door tomarrow, and as compensation for waiting two weeks after Christmas, Brabus offered to install *for free* a "Brabus" emblem on my trunk. I guess i underestimated the shrewd negotiation skills of my mom. I would never actually pay 125 for an emblem, so I was ecstatic about the compromise. I suppose they reasoned that perhaps they did screw up in the midst of this confusion, and they were willing to make amends and do future business with me. :P
oh my.... a free "brabus" emblem installed???

WOW....

I'd give them hell until they offered to give me free install on the complete kit... else I'd just return it and buy elsewhere...
Old 01-10-2004, 08:51 PM

CLK, X5
As far as I'm concerned, in retrospect, it wasn't a major dilemma, and therefore the resolution shall suffice. I've found with Brabus, giving them "hell" dosn't get very far, cause they have such an affluent clientele that an individual satisfaction (those spending less than say 10K in mods) makes a small margin of difference. Actually, I was excited to get the emblem, which may sound miniscule to you, but is a $150 value installed, so at least they gave me some consideration...
BTW, this thread dosn't need any more posts :p
Old 01-10-2004, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I guess he told you Danny, I know your not going to take that.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Actually, I was excited to get the emblem, which may sound miniscule to you, but is a $150 value installed, so at least they gave me some consideration...

..........I am happy you got them. I think the point is that they are not $150 in value......You can get this stuff everywhere and cheapl. So you needn't have stressed over it.

Ted
Old 01-13-2004, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by J Lucas
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I guess he told you Danny, I know your not going to take that.
damn straight i'm not gonna take this...

i should go buy some Mono VI replicas and park my car up front at their showroom & badmouth their wheels to potential customers... hehehe

Dude... if you seriously think those emblems are worth $150 (installed)... you must have too much money...

you can get those emblems for like $30 on ebay... and installation couldn't be easier...

maybe i should start simple services like these for a living...
Old 01-13-2004, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Your Mom?

nt...
Old 01-13-2004, 08:50 PM

CLK, X5
not a bad idea :-) eBay is running low
Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 PM

GLK, CLK, GL, C2S
I've had pretty good service with Brabus. I brought my car iin for some mods today and they offered (for free) to put the Brabus script logo on my car.

I think the more Brabus upgrades you have on your car, the more open they are to you having the Brabus name on your car.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
I have seen taiwanese made brabus scripts for the trunk for about 20-30 USD..but the only problem is the letters are spaced slightly too far a part, but im sure if you have time and try to arrange teh letters a bit closer together before applying it to the trunk lid, i doubt anyone could tell the difference.

PerformanceCLK, im glad to hear every thing is straightened out.. But IMO you cannot blame Brabus for their attitude, they are after all the premier tuner of MB and situated in a rather costly area with new Benzes everywhere you look. Its something normal if you put everything together, i deal with the same attitude here in HK when i want to check out nice things, whether it be a benz, or a wallet at LV, or a watch at cartier...you know.

But i personally love their style, not their performance. Their rims are beautiful btw, if only they were forged.