CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Doors, Trunks and Water? Read on.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL500
Exclamation Doors, Trunks and Water? Read on.....

So check this out, first two questions for anyone who has done it, then some craziness.... (BTW-1998 CLK320, no warranty, ie- NOT going to the stealership)

1. Is there any way to adjust my passenger door so that it does not have to be "slammed" to close properly?
2. Anyone know how to adjust the trunk springs so that my trunk does not open so violently?

3. And here is the craziness, I took my car through an auto car wash (high pressure spary, no brushes/cloth hanging things) yesterday to get salt/dirt off of the car. I drive into the carwash and part of it was an "undercarriage wash" that sprays up under the car. So the carwash does it's thing and as it is ending I swear I hear water dripping in the car. Sure as hell, a LOT of water was dripping out from under the the dashboard into the passenger side footwell, there was a puddle of water. I took apart that area and dried it, no problems (electrical or otherwise) seem to have been caused. But, how the F#*K did that water get in????

Thanks,

Rick
Old 01-20-2004, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Doors, Trunks and Water? Read on.....

Originally posted by rval_1999
So check this out, first two questions for anyone who has done it, then some craziness.... (BTW-1998 CLK320, no warranty, ie- NOT going to the stealership)

1. Is there any way to adjust my passenger door so that it does not have to be "slammed" to close properly?
2. Anyone know how to adjust the trunk springs so that my trunk does not open so violently?

3. And here is the craziness, I took my car through an auto car wash (high pressure spary, no brushes/cloth hanging things) yesterday to get salt/dirt off of the car. I drive into the carwash and part of it was an "undercarriage wash" that sprays up under the car. So the carwash does it's thing and as it is ending I swear I hear water dripping in the car. Sure as hell, a LOT of water was dripping out from under the the dashboard into the passenger side footwell, there was a puddle of water. I took apart that area and dried it, no problems (electrical or otherwise) seem to have been caused. But, how the F#*K did that water get in????

Thanks,

Rick
1- the newer models have a feature where the window drops about an inch each time the door is opened... makes door closing very easy... you can probably retrofit that feature in

2. trunk springs have several settings... but since the tension on the springs are so tight, I don't recommend doing it urself... if u really want to ease the open process, have the dealer adjust it

3. there are drainage outlets throughout the car, and water may have entered the vehicle from those outlets... are there any additional holes at the firewall area?