CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dust cover for gear shifter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dust cover for gear shifter?

My plastic dust cover (the one that moves) over the shifter cracked/broke today so I went to MB and bought a new one.
I was wondering if anyone has detail information on how to remove the shifter and console with the clips so I could replace it. Does the entire center console have to be lifted? From what I could tell it looks that way to me. I have the clip removal tool if that is needed, can anyone here please help me with pic's or instructions on the proper technique so I can replace it?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

Jon
Old 01-31-2004, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Dust cover for gear shifter?

Originally posted by LA99CLK320
My plastic dust cover (the one that moves) over the shifter cracked/broke today so I went to MB and bought a new one.
I was wondering if anyone has detail information on how to remove the shifter and console with the clips so I could replace it. Does the entire center console have to be lifted? From what I could tell it looks that way to me. I have the clip removal tool if that is needed, can anyone here please help me with pic's or instructions on the proper technique so I can replace it?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

Jon
are you talking about the rectangular black plastic piece that goes around the entire shift assembly?

if it is, that one is real easy to replace... just use something like a business car to pop up one corner, and the whole thing wll come up & off... to install, just push place over the opening and push down...

thats all there is to it...
Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
I have 2005 clk500 and same problem, top of cover pops up when I shift to "drive". I put lever back into Park and push the cover back down. I think "****" are broken off on top portion of cover... How does this one replace?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
2002 CLK430
You may want to post this question the W209 section as there may be differences between the models.