CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

BEWARE of Carlsson RS REPLICA kit on EBAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by clkal
i understand what "replica" means. I agree that I should expect SOME additional work, like what you said, however, when EVERY damn piece of the kit needed MAJOR modification (8 days total w/ 2 guys working on it) including rebuilding certain parts, that just means that the kit is a piece of *****. ..
8 DAYS with 2 GUYS? R u hiring a homo to install bodykits ? ROTFL send me your kit dude, I know bodyshop who can make it perfect in 4 hours !
Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 PM

CL600
ya 8 days is rediculous..as I said, his bodyshop ripped him off.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Banned

That's why I'm super curious to see how good of a job they did.

I tried PMing CLKAL to at least take pics or giving me the details of his bodyshop, so I can see first hand what they had to do, but I guess he is either shy or intimidated by me.

I seriously think he got ripped off by the shop, either that, or he's just making a mountain out of a molehill like this stupid thread.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by BryBenz
and it is worse than yours, the rear bumper too wide it need to be cut in the center to fit. of course
Cut in the center to shorten it???? What a POS kit! I'm sure the shop will want an extra 2.0 - 4.0 labor hrs just to cut and shorten! Not to mention fitting the rest of the kit. These must have been 4th generation or older plugs. As for what BryBenz said about taking 4 hrs to fit a kit...maybe a high quality polyurethane kit. Read the Mitchell manual. R&I (remove and intstall) time for bumpers is at least 1.0. Also, you may have to remove the wheels to fit (0.3 each wheel x 4). For 4.0 hours they are doing you a BIG favor. I'd say bodyshops here in Vegas will want a minimum of 8.0 on a fiberglass kit....negotiate it down to 6.0 if possible.

Please post pics of your car once it is done. I'd like to see how it came out. I'd wonder if Harris is correct about it being a Euro kit? Does Mercedes make 2 different bumpers (1 Rest Of The World and 1 for US) to accomadate DOT requirements?

Also, no need to call Harris a "know it all guy". He is a very helpful member in this forum.

Last edited by Sincity; 02-08-2004 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Sincity
Cut in the center to shorten it???? What a POS kit! I'm sure the shop will want an extra 2.0 - 4.0 labor hrs just to cut and shorten! Not to mention fitting the rest of the kit. These must have been 4th generation or older plugs.

Please post pics of your car once it is done. I'd like to see how it came out. I'd wonder is Harris is correct about it being a Euro kit. Does Mercedes make 2 different bumpers (1 Rest Of The World and 1 for US) to accomadate DOT requirements?
the POS kits are racing dynamics replica tornado on BMWs, my carlsson RS is authentic no problem with fitting. the tornado side skirts r originally made for 4 door they made it fit for 2 door and rear bumper is too wide need cut and paste, all for $800 plus paint, they come out perfect. California has MUCH cheaper price for labor since wayy TOO much competition. If installing replica kit please make the shop guy said the total price B4 INSTALL ANYTHING, when the kits come out bad need lots of mods they must eat their own word!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Sincity
Also, no need to call Harris a "know it all guy". He is a very helpful member in this forum.
Yea I agree. Even though I purposely ticked him off with my bs antics the other time. Is this thread ever going to die? hehe

Lets see some pics Clkal
Old 02-09-2004, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh how I wanted that Tornado kit on my Ci!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally posted by mbphreak
That's why I'm super curious to see how good of a job they did.

I tried PMing CLKAL to at least take pics or giving me the details of his bodyshop, so I can see first hand what they had to do, but I guess he is either shy or intimidated by me.

I seriously think he got ripped off by the shop, either that, or he's just making a mountain out of a molehill like this stupid thread.
shy? NO. intimidated....hell NO. You'll see pics of my car when it's done. As far as meeting up with me, whenever you wanna come down to Sunnyvale, let me know. we'll see how much ***** you will say in person.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by mbphreak
Yea I agree. Even though I purposely ticked him off with my bs antics the other time. Is this thread ever going to die? hehe

Lets see some pics Clkal
As long as this thread does not die, It will keep costing this POS shop potentional customers. This shop is so worried about this thread they keep calling me from different phone numbers pretending to be concerned members on this forum..... It's so obvious because nobody in LA has my number except robert and Euro Rev......however, I have told everyone who has called me "not to buy anything from that POS shop, cuz all they sell on ebay is fricking replicas".

For all you losers (employees of this POS shop) trying to stick up for Robert's FU$K up, keep on making up stories, keep on having members posting how good your shop is, blah blah blah....keep on clowning me.......it's ALL good. It just shows how mickey mouse your operation is.

And to answer Robert's question of "why did you have to post all of this $**** for?" the answer is this...... after you got the first phone call from me about the cracked and gouged rear bumper, all i was looking for was an apology. but , no.....blame it on somebody else...... after the second phone call I made to you about how the side skirts are not right, and the front bumper is all messed up all you could do is blame it on the maker of the kit in indonesia.... again no apology.

About the offer for a full refund....LOL. That was NEVER offered to me as I would have fricking jumped on that offer. As for the $150.00 refund check that was offered to me, I do NOT have a damn clue where that number was generated from. I did NOT ask for any money. They only thing I told RObert was the dollar amount it was costing me MORE, just to add on to the side skirts and front bumper. I told him the $150 check was insulting, and rejected it. END of story.

So as long as you guys want to change up the story, add to it, modify it to YOUR advantage, it's ALL GOOD. The longer this thread stays alive, the better job i have done ....... =)
Old 02-09-2004, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
8 DAYS with 2 GUYS? R u hiring a homo to install bodykits ? ROTFL send me your kit dude, I know bodyshop who can make it perfect in 4 hours !
yeah . yeah. yeah. EVERYBODY knows a bodyshop that can do this and that......LOL. You don't even know the condition of my kit. 4 hours? hahaha. I think YOU are the homo here.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Banned

shy? NO. intimidated....hell NO. You'll see pics of my car when it's done. As far as meeting up with me, whenever you wanna come down to Sunnyvale, let me know. we'll see how much ***** you will say in person.
Dude...why are you out to get me? I'm just ****ing curious and sharing my personal opinion like you are with this thread you started.

Don't pick a fight man, it won't be pretty. I am in the San Jose area, just give me a # I can reach you at or the bodyshop address and I'll see for myself how bad everything is.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Banned

BTW I don't work for EuroRev I just had my car done there.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
as i said before, i am happy that your car turned out great. If you wanna meet up to check out my car, ( or just to settle any differences we have), I have absolutely NO problem with that. It would be nice to see how my replica kit looks on a CLK compared to an authentic one you say you have.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:17 AM

yeah . yeah. yeah. EVERYBODY knows a bodyshop that can do this and that......LOL. You don't even know the condition of my kit. 4 hours? hahaha. I think YOU are the homo here.
What could u possibly know on the kit lil boy. I CAN build a fiberglass bumper from scratch. there there clkal... u make me remember someone who bought one grand rolex replica and got 20buck worth of watch. good luk for yo a$$ dumb fukk, I hope u die in tetanus when your expensive bumper flying to your dumb d1ck head on the highway.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Personal attacks are not allowed on this board, please ! There is a reason why not many people have RS kit(real/replica), if the quality and fitment of the replica were that great every modded CLK would have the kit already. This is why I told everyone who has PMed or E-mail me to stay away from replica RS kits unless you're willing to spend a fortune on labor. Good luck though.

-Bruce
Old 02-09-2004, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
bruce: sure its a lot of work. its a replica. BUT yours turned out fine. why dont you tell him how much you spent to get yours done in total, and compare that to how much the original would have cost.

he only paid 500 for the kit! so what if it cost a few hundred extra to fit the kit? its not as if it cost a few thousand to fix the kit!!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
bruce: sure its a lot of work. its a replica. BUT yours turned out fine. why dont you tell him how much you spent to get yours done in total, and compare that to how much the original would have cost.

he only paid 500 for the kit! so what if it cost a few hundred extra to fit the kit? its not as if it cost a few thousand to fix the kit!!
just like I told Robert on the phone. I don't care if i paid $2000, $1000, $500, or $1.00 for the kit. If it's a piece of *****, it is a piece of *****. Don't make any excuses about the shipping company not promising a delivery date. That is what a tracking number is for.Everybody knows that UPS and DHL ship from LA to the Bay Area in 3 days. That is a given fact. When Robert told me he would ship it out on Tuesday, and he didn't , it's NOT the shipping company's fault. And to tell me that he would promise to ship it out on Wednesday and he didn't, it's ROBERT'S fault. Good customer service would have been to tell me on Tuesday that we wouldn't be able to send the kit out until FRIDAY, and NOT to blame the shipping company. Like you said yourself....whatever Robert does on his free time, is HIS perrogative. You don't even know what was promised to me, so I feel as if YOu are posting repsonses to what you heard second hand. It's NOT about the money...it's about the sucky customer service. WE can talk all day long about the quality of a replica kit, and how about YOU think i made an uneducated decision, blah blah blah....that's all you have to say. What do YOU know about when the kit was shipped out? What do YOU know about how mickey mouse the kit was packed? What do you know about the damaged rear bumper? Like i said...you don't know *****. I wished I taped the whole converstaion when he called me back after he found out about this thread..... I asked robert if i lied or blew up anything on these posts . His answer was "no."

By your post about me just spending $500..... it just shows that you guys don't take care of your customers. So, if I spent $5000.00 on that POS kit, I would have gotten an apology? Or would you have sent it out on time? I guarantee that members in this forum would have to disagree with you on this one.

Keep on responding to my posts. Your lack of customer service skills will keep on costing you potential customers.

Last edited by clkal; 02-09-2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
What could u possibly know on the kit lil boy. I CAN build a fiberglass bumper from scratch. there there clkal... u make me remember someone who bought one grand rolex replica and got 20buck worth of watch. good luk for yo a$$ dumb fukk, I hope u die in tetanus when your expensive bumper flying to your dumb d1ck head on the highway.
like i told you on PM, but you didn't take my advice...... go buy the latest copy of hooked on phonics before you try to bash on me because calling someone a lil boy when your grammar is at a 3rd grade level doesn't really make much sense.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:50 PM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk

Hmmm....... just last week bruce said that his replica kit was from evosport, to be exact "It was a one time special order just for me. This is why my kit was never sold to the public. Evosport don't sell replica kit and will never"??
and now CarlssonCRS stated that bruce's replica kit is made in Indonesia which cost only $500?
or maybe evosport has a branch office in Indonesia??
Can someone clarify this please...........
Old 02-09-2004, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by frappe
Hmmm....... just last week bruce said that his replica kit was from evosport, to be exact "It was a one time special order just for me. This is why my kit was never sold to the public. Evosport don't sell replica kit and will never"??
and now CarlssonCRS stated that bruce's replica kit is made in Indonesia which cost only $500?
actually if eurorev can sell it for $500, that means the cost is probably around the $300-$350 range.

Last edited by clkal; 02-09-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by frappe
My kit from Evosport did not require any modification to be installed, however, the rear bumper was destroyed during shipping so I purchased a replica rear somewhere else and my bodyshop had the hardest time prepping/sanding/modding it. I don't want to discuss how much I spent on labor just for the rear bumper, it's ugly.

-Bruce
Old 02-09-2004, 03:02 PM

$500 is a deal even for replica kit isn't it?
i was quoted for $800 for replica kits
but after talking to bruce, i did not get the replica kits
Old 02-09-2004, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by twboy
$500 is a deal even for replica kit isn't it?
i was quoted for $800 for replica kits
but after talking to bruce, i did not get the replica kits
TWBOY. yes, $500 is a hell of a deal, however, because someone can get a good deal on a product, that does NOT justify getting poor customer service. Robert and EUROREV do NOT understand this point.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Hey, if the dood said "guaranteed fitment" it should be guaranteed to fit. If it's not, then shut up and don't say it.

False advertising.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by The Doctor
Hey, if the dood said "guaranteed fitment" it should be guaranteed to fit. If it's not, then shut up and don't say it.

False advertising.
What if he just said "Buurrruuubaarrraabooosyabbadaabaadoo?"

LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Carlsson RS REPLICA kit on EBAY