CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

BEWARE of Carlsson RS REPLICA kit on EBAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r171
poor customer service?

1. he kept asking what he could do for you - you never gave him an answer.

2. you said the kit was damaged in shipping, he offered you refund through shipping insurance claim - you refused.

3. you asked for $200, he said he could do $150 - you said it was insult.

4. you yourself said we gave you killer deals

5. His last batch of RS kits was 5 sets - you are the only one with problem fitting it.

6. when you start swearing, yelling and posting all this stuff - who wants to be nice to you?

Old 02-10-2004, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by clkal
like i told you on PM, but you didn't take my advice...... go buy the latest copy of hooked on phonics before you try to bash on me because calling someone a lil boy when your grammar is at a 3rd grade level doesn't really make much sense.
I can speak 6 languages, none is perfect. so what. I still have time to learn. my girlfriend is american that means my english is not that bad. But my life is much better than yours, lol..a paycheck salary? man, u dont even have spare to pay extra on bodykits(that why u insult the seller for money). well your grammar maybe good but your knowledge is not better than my turtle, take my advice...buy an 'idiots guide for buying replica' book. Oh did you really has a clk or a clk 'style'? dude, the real CLK will fit carlsson RS bodykits not shorter like u said. maybe u bought this one ?
Old 02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
hmm

Last edited by Brunelleschi; 02-11-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
Originally posted by Brunelleschi
I am hella impressed. A thread *****ing about getting ripped...and it is not about my ex. This is so great!
hahaha
Old 02-10-2004, 01:50 AM

CL600
This whole thread is This dude is only interested in trash talking the seller and picking fights with other members on the board. Don't even say anything about customer service of Eurorev OR Robert, I bought over 18k worth of lorinser, brabus, hamann, rieger parts from them. They do custom stuff too that other shops will never do. They even drove my bmw rieger bumper up to SF so I can save on shipping... Judging by you posts, you are the one that seems like a jerk, not the sellers.

Dont even say I'm lying or I work for eurorev..You are 1 person trying to ruin the reputation of the seller. Thats not right. You are blowing it out of proportion, replica kits do require work but nothing that should cause you to post all this garbage. You paid $500 for a bodykit, pay the labor to get it on and be happy with it, thats still an extremely cheap way to have a nice looking CLK.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
poor customer service?

1. he kept asking what he could do for you - you never gave him an answer.

2. you said the kit was damaged in shipping, he offered you refund through shipping insurance claim - you refused.

3. you asked for $200, he said he could do $150 - you said it was insult.

4. you yourself said we gave you killer deals

5. His last batch of RS kits was 5 sets - you are the only one with problem fitting it.

6. when you start swearing, yelling and posting all this stuff - who wants to be nice to you?

like i said before....all you know about the situation is what you heard from Robert. Here are my responses to your 6 points.

1. "What do you want me to do?" I told him I wanted a new kit. I told him i didn't want to wait until the end of March because my car was already in the shop. His answer was "sorry, i can't do that. I don't have a another one."

2. He did NOT offer a refund through insurance. He told me to make a claim, which I did immediately. DHL then told me it would take 5-7 days to receive the claim form in the mail, which it actually took almost 2 weeks. Then on top of that, after I filled it out, it would take another 7-10 days for a claim's adjustor to come take a look at the damage. The point is this... if the kit was properly packaged, there wouldn't have been any damage.

3. I asked for a FULL refund the day that Robert called me after he found out about my posts. He said "no. no way." I did NOT ask for any amount. He came up with the $150.00 refund check which i refused. I told him it was insulting. I asked him where he came up with that number. I asked him why not $200, $300, $400 or $650...the total i paid for the kit. He told me he was only authorized to refund $150. that is EXACTLY how the conversation went.

4. Yes. Robert gave me a killer deal on the REPLICA brabus VI's. I actually PM'd several members about the package I got , and I'm sure that EUROREV got some customers because of me, however, just because someone gets a killer deal doesn't mean that they should be treated less than if someone DIDN'T get a killer deal, IE: you only paid $500 for the kit....what do you expect?

5. Like i told robert before, there are problems w/ fitment on all 4 pieces. All i can say is that maybe my particular kit did not come out of the same mold. I understand that you guys aren't the ones who manufacture the kit, so NOBODY knows the answer to that, HOWEVER, there are TOO many problems w/ each piece to list....replica is replica. YES> but this was a VERY poor replica.

6. When I called Robert the first and second times, I was speaking in a professional manner. Absolutely NO cursing, and no swearing.....look at the results it got me. NOTHING! All i got was a bunch of excuses. Blame the shipping company, blame the manufacturer of the kit, blame the MOLD....etc etc. That is the MAIN reason why i posted what i posted. Nothing was overly exaggerated or LIED about. Everything happened exactly as i posted it. Look at what the cursing got me....Robert actually offered a $150 check. What if i continue cursing more, will that amount eventually get up to $650? who knows.

anyways.....update on my car. I went to my body shop today to take a look at the progress. My car should be finished by Wed or Thursday. I will be posting pics of it as soon as i get it back. You guys can keep ripping on me, calling me a cheap a$$, etc etc....that is fine with me. I am done with responding to those posts. You can be SUPERMAN online if you want to be. To those people who want to brag about how rich they are, how much better than they are , go right ahead and brag online....it just makes you look like you are insecure.

For the members who understood my frustration, and understood what my situation was, I just want to thank them for their support.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by The Doctor
Hey, if the dood said "guaranteed fitment" it should be guaranteed to fit. If it's not, then shut up and don't say it.

False advertising.
thank you doctor. =)
Old 02-10-2004, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
For the members who understood my frustration, and understood what my situation was, I just want to thank them for their support.
hey bro, I feel ya... not all of has the money to burn... not all of us can afford the cream of the crop in all aspects, so they make do with what they have...

I disagree that others that say you made an uneducated purchase... everyone knows that replicas have fitment issues... period. i'm sure you knew that too...

like you said, your gripe is just that the company who sold the kit isn't standing by their products... if they don't plan to deliver items as promised (items that fit), then they shouldn't carry them at all.... because this is the kind of ***** it will bring you....

good luck with your car... and take care of it bro, cause I don't think you wanna go through the same ordeal if something happens to the bumper...
Old 02-10-2004, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
if you wanted a new kit you should have just waited. robert doesnt have any in stock and it takes time to make and ship here - from half way round the world. what do you expect him to do? pull one out of his a ss?

be realistic about it. he told you by end of march, and thats reasonable. how fast do you expect them to make a kit and freight it here for only $500? you expect over night delivery from indonesia? i dont think you would pay extra for that, you complain about the few hundred more you had to spend on labor. the air freight would cost much more.

mmgrand: its not as if robert sells all clk RS kits that dont fit. the reason he sells those replicas is because they DO fit nicely and have proof and experience that it does. clkal is the first guy who didnt wanna spend a few extra bucks to have it fit properly, all the other buyers were aware of the process involved. there is no proof that his kit is damaged, besides his word. maybe the kit is fine but he just regrets buying it so hes making such a big deal out of having to spend a lil more on fitting the replica.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
if you wanted a new kit you should have just waited. robert doesnt have any in stock and it takes time to make and ship here - from half way round the world. what do you expect him to do? pull one out of his a ss?

be realistic about it. he told you by end of march, and thats reasonable. how fast do you expect them to make a kit and freight it here for only $500? you expect over night delivery from indonesia? i dont think you would pay extra for that, you complain about the few hundred more you had to spend on labor. the air freight would cost much more.

mmgrand: its not as if robert sells all clk RS kits that dont fit. the reason he sells those replicas is because they DO fit nicely and have proof and experience that it does. clkal is the first guy who didnt wanna spend a few extra bucks to have it fit properly, all the other buyers were aware of the process involved. there is no proof that his kit is damaged, besides his word. maybe the kit is fine but he just regrets buying it so hes making such a big deal out of having to spend a lil more on fitting the replica.
yes, you are right about me lying about the damage of the kit, just like I lied about everything. Geez. All you have to do is take responsibility for what your salesperson did incorrectly, instead of trying to blame things on others, or in this case, ME. Trust me, i do regret buying the kit... but definitely NOT as much as regretting buying the kit from EUROREV. As i said before, poor customer service.....always looking for excuses and trying to blame it on the customer. It's all good. I can guarantee you that members can see what kind of business person you are now. Good luck!

Last edited by clkal; 02-10-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i can understand the frustration from both sides of this scenario...

i'm not taking sides with anyone really, i'm sure robert makes wise purchasing decisions to represent his company... but he should also be open about the possibility of a bad replica being made... every manufacturing plant makes a bad mold of something every now & then... maybe it just so happens that clkal purchased the defective set....

i say... next time anyone decides to buy any kit... have the shop that you are buying the kit from do the paint & install... that way, no excuses... no middleman...
Old 02-10-2004, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by The Doctor
Hey, if the dood said "guaranteed fitment" it should be guaranteed to fit. If it's not, then shut up and don't say it.

False advertising.
i agree on this.
if you advertise something, you should stick to it
reputation is important in my opinion, dont want to ruin it because of false advertisement
Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Replica or not, your establishment should not be selling any product that it will not back 100% . Who cares if its a replica and replicas are bad quality, if they are that bad, WTF are you selling them? If he bought it off the street then you could say "what did you expect you bought it off the street... But he bought it from a reputable place( or a place he assumed was reputable) and on top of that you guys are forum sponsors. Even though he did not know that at the time you should take more pride in the products you sell to prevent situations like this from happening.

Do you guys have any idea the loss potential business you have already suffered because of this? If its between your company and another. Do you realize odds are most people who read this thread(3100 views) would probably pick the other vendor? Use your head and use good business judgement when dealing with irate customers. EVen if clkal was wrong and im not taking sides because there is clearly no right answer..., your responses to him were TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL rude and just uncaring..
THATS NO WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER.. If it can happen to him it could happen to me....
Old 02-10-2004, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by J Lucas
Replica or not, your establishment should not be selling any product that it will not back 100% . Who cares if its a replica and replicas are bad quality, if they are that bad, WTF are you selling them? If he bought it off the street then you could say "what did you expect you bought it off the street... But he bought it from a reputable place( or a place he assumed was reputable) and on top of that you guys are forum sponsors. Even though he did not know that at the time you should take more pride in the products you sell to prevent situations like this from happening.

Do you guys have any idea the loss potential business you have already suffered because of this? If its between your company and another. Do you realize odds are most people who read this thread(3100 views) would probably pick the other vendor? Use your head and use good business judgement when dealing with irate customers. EVen if clkal was wrong and im not taking sides because there is clearly no right answer..., your responses to him were TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL rude and just uncaring..
THATS NO WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER.. If it can happen to him it could happen to me....
exactly my point, JLUCAS. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
Originally posted by mmgrad
i say... next time anyone decides to buy any kit... have the shop that you are buying the kit from do the paint & install... that way, no excuses... no middleman...
That is exactly what I was thinking when and if I ever have one put on. Too bad that Al isn't down here so he could have had them install his. I wonder what Al's total cost will be after all the custom work his shop had to do and the extra labor involved. Hopefully not more than $1800, which is what Robert quoted me.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
update : all the pieces of the body kit have been painted today. they are gonna bake tonight, and hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow (wed) they will be completely installed on my car. I also had them take off the mercedes emblem and the CLK430 emblem, and had the fill in the 3 holes that the emblem is held in by. Can't wait to get my car back. Pics will be posted soon =)
Old 02-11-2004, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

update : all the pieces of the body kit have been painted today. they are gonna bake tonight, and hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow (wed) they will be completely installed on my car. I also had them take off the mercedes emblem and the CLK430 emblem, and had the fill in the 3 holes that the emblem is held in by. Can't wait to get my car back. Pics will be posted soon =)
whoa.... you took off the Mercedes star emblem???

I can understand removing the badges, but the emblem too???

well, can't wait to see how the kit turns out...
Old 02-11-2004, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by mmgrad
whoa.... you took off the Mercedes star emblem???

I can understand removing the badges, but the emblem too???

well, can't wait to see how the kit turns out...
yeah....a while back, some a$$hole tried to pry off my rear mercedes emblem, so i just removed the whole thing, exposing the 3 little holes. And now, since my car is in the shop, I just asked the body shop to fill in the holes and repaint the trunk.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I removed my rear emblem. There is nothing wrong with shaving completely clean, makes it look......cleaner....
Old 02-11-2004, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I removed my rear emblem. There is nothing wrong with shaving completely clean, makes it look......cleaner....
Old 02-11-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
I think that would look nice. Giving it a clean look. Can't wait to see pics.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
damn....was hoping my car would be done today, before I left for Las Vegas. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to pick up my car. I'm glad that those Eurorev backers finally realized that all I was looking for was an apology, and the whole issue would have been resolved......instead of blaming their mistakes on ME and on others. As soon as I come back from LV and pick up my car, i'll post pics.

AL
Old 02-12-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Clkal,

Are you coming here to win back what you paid extra to "fit" your kit??? LOL!

Be careful, I had a guy come up from Diamond Bar to pickup the 19" Breytons I had for sale and he lost all of his ****ing money the night before we were supposed to meet

The fool ended up losing $10k!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:13 PM

Mercedes-Benz 400E
Originally posted by Sincity

The fool ended up losing $10k!
Damn, last time I was there I ended up losing $100 and I felt like sh*t, can't imagine how sick to my stomach I would feel then

clkal, when you post the pics can you get some close-ups of the edges, where the kit meet the fenders.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
I went to Vegas and lost my free coupon for all you can eat buffet, I was so mad!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Carlsson RS REPLICA kit on EBAY