CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bay Area get together

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430
Bay Area get together

Hey guys!
As weather gets better. Rains will stop.
Cars will get washed.

Do you guys ever plan a get together on the weekend and just hang out. Ask questions. Take pictures.

I got this idea from my friend, who drives WRS and they are pretty tight club. How about us?

It seem like a lot of people on this forum are from Bay Area.

I don't really have a place in mind, but we can discuss it. Also, I'm not looking for a race track

What you think?
Old 02-10-2004, 11:25 PM

Re: Bay Area get together

Originally posted by BLACK2001CLK
Hey guys!
As weather gets better. Rains will stop.
Cars will get washed.

Do you guys ever plan a get together on the weekend and just hang out. Ask questions. Take pictures.

I got this idea from my friend, who drives WRS and they are pretty tight club. How about us?

It seem like a lot of people on this forum are from Bay Area.

I don't really have a place in mind, but we can discuss it. Also, I'm not looking for a race track

What you think?
Hmmm... I don't mind, but how do I know none of you guys are crazed murderers? Gang up on me and Car Jack me? or even try to set me up the bomb!? Hmmmm.... dunno.... kinda paranoid!

Rob
Old 02-11-2004, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Re: Bay Area get together

Originally posted by CLK430ROB
Hmmm... I don't mind, but how do I know none of you guys are crazed murderers? Gang up on me and Car Jack me? or even try to set me up the bomb!? Hmmmm.... dunno.... kinda paranoid!

Rob
why would they jack you... everyone's CLK is better than yours.... you got that door ding... hehehe....

j/k rob... ur car looks tight as hell... did you finish the repairs on the door yet? lets see some pics... with the iforge wheels.....
Old 02-11-2004, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Bobafet tried to arrange one last November but it rained out. I haven't seen him on the boards since the big crash it had a while back. It was a nice run from Crystal Springs to Los Gatos via Skyline Blvd. Meet up at the 92/280 OP and finish near Ferrari (now Bently) of LG where we can oggle the Enzo, Vanquish and other exotics they have on display.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLk320
im down to do a meet....jus to warn yalls my car isn't too much to look at...

-Greg
Old 02-11-2004, 04:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Bay Area get together

Originally posted by mmgrad
why would they jack you... everyone's CLK is better than yours.... you got that door ding... hehehe....

j/k rob... ur car looks tight as hell... did you finish the repairs on the door yet? lets see some pics... with the iforge wheels.....
Car is still chillin at the shop. I just went there today and the cars door is on and painted. They just finishing up the electrical hardware inside the door. I'll shoot some pics when I get the car back.

Yeah.. if there is any Jacking at the meet... its gonna be done by me! Missing shiftknobs... missing COMANDS... missing wood steering wheels.... just dont let me sit in your car... HAHAHAH... j/k..... I'm down for the meet.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 PM

99 Clk430
I'm down...let me know when and where...
Old 02-15-2004, 12:30 AM

2003 C320 Sport Sedan
Please disregard my post. Wrong board.

Last edited by Speedo; 02-15-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK 430
Hey guys,
I would keep idea in mind
I need few things to get done to the car.
I'm thinking in a month or so, when it stops raining and will get a little warmer.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:58 PM

I'd be up for it provided I dont have to work or something. I live right near 92 and 280 so location sounds good to me. We should all drive ione behind another or something dramatic for some time at least! Like drive down El Camino, 20 Merc's one after another! Would turn some heads! Kind of like what the Harley Davidson riders do...
Old 02-17-2004, 03:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Hey Danny,

Soon we will be seeing the IForged on my car back in Southern Cali. if Rob and I come to an agreement. Right Rob.... we're working out the bugs and stuff. Later Fella's...

Peace outttt

C-Los
Old 02-27-2004, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by toymr2trd
Hey Danny,

Soon we will be seeing the IForged on my car back in Southern Cali. if Rob and I come to an agreement. Right Rob.... we're working out the bugs and stuff. Later Fella's...

Peace outttt

C-Los
Rob tells me the buy went well... can't wait to see them iforged on your car... pics man... thats all i can say... PICS!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:16 AM

Talking

Yeah.... it went well.... but Rob.... dude I have a complaint man... I inspected the wheels and two of the lips have some scratches...I was sort of shocked. I would have thought you would have seen that. I should have checked it when I was in Frisco. Not your fault.... but still... wheels are bad *** man.... What did you use to clean them? How about the studs? Are they fitting on your BR5's? If not.... send them on down brotha....

Danny:
Yeah.... Rob's a cool dude man... I need to get the suspension first. I've also been looking for an AMG bodykit so I could slap that on as well. Considering that Rob has the AMG kit w/ those wheels.....

I liked how they looked on Rob's car. I don't know if he ever took pics of the wheels on his car w/ that kit.... but DAAUUUUUUmmmmmnnnnnn sweeettttt. Keep an eye out for an AMG kit and let me know man.... I need it with the holes for the headlamp washers. Preferably silver. Thanks man.... Lata

C-Los

Good luck Rob w/ the drive man....
Old 02-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Yeah.... it went well.... but Rob.... dude I have a complaint man... I inspected the wheels and two of the lips have some scratches...I was sort of shocked. I would have thought you would have seen that. I should have checked it when I was in Frisco. Not your fault.... but still... wheels are bad *** man.... What did you use to clean them? How about the studs? Are they fitting on your BR5's? If not.... send them on down brotha....

Danny:
Yeah.... Rob's a cool dude man... I need to get the suspension first. I've also been looking for an AMG bodykit so I could slap that on as well. Considering that Rob has the AMG kit w/ those wheels.....

I liked how they looked on Rob's car. I don't know if he ever took pics of the wheels on his car w/ that kit.... but DAAUUUUUUmmmmmnnnnnn sweeettttt. Keep an eye out for an AMG kit and let me know man.... I need it with the holes for the headlamp washers. Preferably silver. Thanks man.... Lata

C-Los

Good luck Rob w/ the drive man....
WHAT!?!!? Scratches? HMMMmmmmm.....I hope it isn't curb rash...... because there were flawless when I put them on. If your talking about very hairline scratches.... i saw a couple when i bought them from Bruce..... but all you need is some blue magic polish and their gone. Thats what I use.... I was going to polish them for you if I got the car back by then... but i couldn't. Look up Blue Magic....It will make that lip look NEW! Thing with polished lips.. I noticed is that US companies can never make a polished lip like Japanese manufacturers or German. They for some reason keep the polish and luster forever.. and seems indestructable. Can you show me pics of the scratches?..... I hope them SOB's at the shop didn't do anything.... but we both looked at the wheels at the shop... I dont recall seeing anything..... let me know. As for the lugnuts.... the dude selling me the BR5's says he giving me the lugs too... .so when I get back... i'll compare them... and hook u up with a set.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob
Old 02-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Talking

YOU THE MAN.... hee hee.... awesome.... cool.... Yeah... remember the wheel we put in the trunk.... facing up.... that one right when I opened the trunk I saw it... I was like... what the.... it's not a fine scratch... it's a little indentation on the lip. So, blue majic is the trick.... cool. I figured the fine scratches will go away... but this one sort of got to me when I saw it... I said... AAAAHHHHH NOOOoo.... I'll try and send you a pic but lets see when I get my camera back.

Good luck on the drive bud. Have fun in Seattle.

Danny:
LOL... we put 1 19x10 w/ tire mounted in the trunk... and
1 19x 10 in the back seat w/ the front wheels also 19x8.5 w/ tires. ALL in the back of my clk Cab. hee hee.... WORLD RECORD... j/k...

Rob was like... what the... the wheels aren't going to fit in your car bro.... WE DID IT....

Lata guys

C-Los

Let me know about the lugs when you get back man... drive safe. Lata
Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Robs a liar... he told me he busted up the wheels over a bump, and it cracked... had to get it welded back, thats why it shows a minor hairline crack...

he jacked you good bro...
Old 02-27-2004, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nah.... i'm just kidding... haha... i'd be pissed if that were true...
Old 02-27-2004, 05:26 PM

Smile

:p

lol.... yeah rob.... whats up w/ that man.... lol... j/k. Nahhh Rob's cool. Hey... rob... never mentioned... send one of them girls down here man.... from your posters that you had. That'll make up for it.

I think Rob's jambing today to Seattle to pick up his BR5's.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:44 PM

:p

lol.... yeah rob.... whats up w/ that man.... lol... j/k. Nahhh Rob's cool. Hey... rob... never mentioned... send one of them girls down here man.... from your posters that you had. That'll make up for it.

I think Rob's jambing today to Seattle to pick up his BR5's.

Yup.. i jacked you hard.. LOS... them rims are all outta wack! :P .. LOL... j/k

Indentation!?! WTF!?... does it look like a curb hit or something? Is it big? Shoot me a picture....Hey.. maybe something in the trunk was rolling around? I doubt it though. I need to see this.

Im heading up to Seattle... tomorrow afternoon. :P

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by CLK430ROB; 02-27-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:55 PM

Hey Rob....

I see you're back homie..... how was the trip???? Did you put the wheels on your car yet? Pics... Pics....

So, any word on the studs?

Yeah man... I polished the hell out of the wheel... I would have to say it's a curb rash man.... kinda long.... then it goes into that little indentation I mentioned... I'd send you a pic... but I need a camera.... what a joke....nice wheels... no camera.... Talk to you later man...

C-Los
Old 03-08-2004, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
there's supposed to be a bay area meet this sunday at a park in sunnyvale or milpitas somewhere. Also, it is supposed to include a BBQ, and a drive...... if i find out more info, i'll post it. There is a thread in events and gatherings....

AL