CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Display your CLK with tinted windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Display your CLK with tinted windows

Post of pic of your car with tinted windows. I know alot of people tinted their windows for their cars already. I was looking at a thread, and people were mentioning smoke tint, metallics tints, and %.

so if you guys can post your pic with what type of tint and what %

it would be great
cuz i'm thinking about tining my windows, and i want to see how each tint go with the car
Old 03-29-2002, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dealer told me it was "medium", but I just got pulled over because of it - fix it ticket $105. Thinking of getting a darker tint.

Old 03-29-2002, 03:44 PM

04 CLK55
I have 5% on the sides and rear, and also 35% across the entire windshield.

Old 03-29-2002, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lorinser CLK
I have 5% on the sides and rear, and also 35% across the entire windshield.
I've heard that if you tint the windshield you won't see things clearly when driving at night, did you experience this? Very clean looking car by the way, keep up the good work.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:39 PM

mine is the 35% chrome tint...

darkest legal here in hawaii..!!!

CLIFF
Old 03-30-2002, 01:49 AM

I've got 5% Madico Onyx tint on mine. I'd love to get the windshield tinted, but I don't think I need any more attention from the police....

Old 03-30-2002, 04:42 AM

Do you guys think a Silver CLK would look good with those reflecting tints?

sort of like IDOITBST's tint, but on a silver CLK

Old 03-30-2002, 12:22 PM

04 CLK55
The windshield tint is so light that it doesn't make much difference in your vision. I don't find it difficult to see at night.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Llumar 15% tints (although they look alot darker)
Old 03-31-2002, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

another pic
Old 03-31-2002, 11:30 PM

2001 CLK
35% Tint (legal limit in Massachusetts)

Evening shot.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:43 PM

twboy here is a better LQQK at my tint

35% chrome..!!!
Old 04-06-2002, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just a few notes if you're looking to tint your windows:

1) The lower the % number, the darker the tint. Here's a general guideline:

35% tint - relatively light tint, you could see inside during the daytime and sometimes at night (depending on outside lights), most cops usually won't bother you unless they want to bust your chops and/or you annoy them, although it is illegal in many states
20-15% tint - medium tint, this is the one I prefer, you could still see inside during the day although less, at night you can hardly see anything inside, this is definitely illegal, although most cops won't say anything unless you **** them off (speeding past them, rolling past them with your music blaring, etc. (Side Note: show respect if you want respect))
5% tint - this is usually referred to as "limo tint", the darkest of them all on most passenger cars, you can't see anything inside at night, if you roll past cops with this in NYC, they *will* be pissed, so tread lightly.

2) So now you have an idea of how dark you want your windows, you still have other choices. Most importantly, is who tints your windows.

Before you have your windows tinted, ask around. You probably know people who have cars with tinted windows. Look closely to see what kind of job was done and ask who did it. Here's a couple of things to look for:

a) roll down the tinted windows slightly, and look at the edge of the window up on top. How much "whitespace" is there, i.e. window that was left untinted? There should be close to none. I had my Jeep Grand Cherokee tinted at a local shop and they left a relatively wide whitespace although it doesn't show when the window is all the way up or down or all the way up, but you want a good job done, and the more updated tinters are getting it as close to the edge as possible without risking screwing up your tint. On my CLK430, the tint is practically at the top of the window. The guy who did my windows even mentioned theres a technique to get it all the way up to the edge of the wndow (a new technique) that makes it look as though its factory tint without the risk of the tint coming off, although thats a few more bucks, but you can ask for that. My windows he did them so you can't even notice at all, even close up.

b) LOOK AT THE BACK WINDOW. This is usually the hardest part for a tinter to do. Note, is it composed of 1 piece of tint, 2 pieces or more of tint? INSIST on 1 piece of tint. You don't want a white line where one piece begins and the other ends. I have one piece on my back window.

c) Look for any defects. These are any spots, creases, etc. that you might see in your windows.

3) You have regular black tint, colored tint, metallic tint, etc. Ask for samples before agreeing to any of them.

Finally, if a tinter tells you excuses like "we can't get the tint that high on the window" or "we HAVE to use more than 1 piece on your back window" etc. say "thank you very much" and call someone else. You want the best job done and that's that.

If anyone is in the New York City area, I had my windows done by Hugo of Empire State Window Tinting. He has VERY good prices and did an AWESOME job (you can check out my CLK anytime to see the job he did) so I would highly recommend him. His # is 718-227-2121.

I hope this helps,

Safet
Old 04-06-2002, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

P.S. if you call Hugo, mention my name. You can ask him about my car and the job he did.

Safet