CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Super CLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleestack mad props on your pursuit

I gotta see those 305/30 19 on the rear
Old 03-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Banned

Originally posted by t-bone
I found some pics of the development.

This one was posted 1-2-2003:

This one was posted 1-3-2003:

And this engine block was posted 2-24-2003:

Those posts were like over a year ago. I wonder what's taking so long. I hope there isn't some sort of bad hold up or complication because that thing is surely going to be monstrous.

Surely you must have seen your car lately Sleestack to know its current status.

Is everything going ok Sleestack? Evosport?
Makes me wonder why not have RENNTech or Brabus or even Carlsson build a monster engine that's been proven. I inquired and was told that a monster engine can be built in 30-45 days.

...not unless I want my car to be an antique I guess! j/k only.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Originally posted by jambee888
Makes me wonder why not have RENNTech or Brabus or even Carlsson build a monster engine that's been proven. I inquired and was told that a monster engine can be built in 30-45 days.

Maybe evosport is super hooking Sleestack up.

Sleestack, what was your main reason for going with evosport instead of RENNtech or Brabus or any other tuner?

I'm interested to know because when I do more work on my car, I might check out evosport next time.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by t-bone
Maybe evosport is super hooking Sleestack up.

Sleestack, what was your main reason for going with evosport instead of RENNtech or Brabus or any other tuner?

I'm interested to know because when I do more work on my car, I might check out evosport next time.

Thanks.
well.... i don't think renntech or brabus will custom build you an engine to your specification...
Old 03-05-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
I think that they probably could if you gave them enough money.

Or at least they can modify an engine to suit your specifications. I'm not too knowledgable about what goes into custom building an engine though.

If they are custom building the engine does that mean that the engine was designed and built from scratch by evosport? Or are they taking an existing engine block and modifying it.

It would make more sense to me to take an existing engine that can be modified to my specifications.

But then again, I don't know too much.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mmgrad
well.... i don't think renntech or brabus will custom build you an engine to your specification...
They will and in a very timely manner - if your specification is technically plausible and if you are willing to pay the price.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
They will and in a very timely manner - if your specification is technically plausible and if you are willing to pay the price.
i can see Renntech doing this...

but does Brabus do custom engines too?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mmgrad
i can see Renntech doing this...

but does Brabus do custom engines too?
Yes, and only in 30 - 45 days.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am working with Evoposrt for several reasons:

1) Those companies can build big block engines, however, typically, they use one of their pre-spec'ed big blocks. Furthermore, the engine being built by Evosport is very specifically designed to incorporate the Kleemann SC and required a lower compression ratio. Brabus doesn't do superchargers and Renntech uses AMG SCs. Brabus's solution for 700 hp would be a V12, which is not what I want, so they were never really a consideration. I like the fact that my engine was uniquely blueprinted and designed and that all the parts were sourced form the best in the business (e.g. Carillo rods).

2) I spent a year building a relationship with the guys at Evosport. I know they are technically capable of building the car. They obviously don't have all of the resources of those larger tuners, however, I am happy to give them a project that they can use for their own marketing and R&D purposes. I wasn't concerned about timing and new that custom manufacturing each part would take a long time. I don't care about the fact that by the time my CLK is done, they might already be on the 3rd generation CLK. I'm not all caught up in having the latest and greatest and also believe that a 700 hp W208 CLK will be pretty badass for quite some time.

3) Despite what you have been told, I think if you called Brabus or Renntech and asked for a 700 hp CLK using a 6.3 liter V8 block and a Kleemann SC, they might not even do it for you. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you called Brabus and asked them to build a 700 hp CLK using a V8, they wouldn't. I tried working with Brabus several years ago and didn't find them particulary flexible. Renntech is located on the other side of the country, which presents a different set of problems. Personally, I think it's more fun building a true one-off.

4) The bottom line: I dig the guys at Evosport. They are building a great business and are completley capable of building cars to meet my expectations. Keep in mind that I did my 2nd round of tuning with them well before this project started. I want to give them business because I believe in their vision. I particulary like the fact that they are also involved in SCCA World Touring and GT racing. I plan on using them for all of my tuning projects... fortunately they tune MBs, BMWs and Ferraris.

As for T-bone's question: My MB block is still intact. It was bored to 6.3 liter, sleeved and the compression ratio was lowered. No need to go with an entirely new block, because any MB V8 that is 6.3 liters would have to go through a similar process.

Last edited by Sleestack; 03-09-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:39 PM

1000HP engine can be made but can MKB 3.07 differential take full advantage 0-60 time ? did evosport make custom ECU for your beast?