CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How would our 430's do against the E36 M3's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off Idengeli, get off my dick....
Second off
Do you think people really care that you are so unhappy with your car? All you do is complain... Your a complainer... You dont like this, you dont like that. Every other post from you is a post bashing the clk or mercedes in general. Just give it up already and sell your car and go on another forum for people who sold their mercedes cuz they suck .They have trash holes like that just for people like you. I come here to read POSITIVE things about Mercedes and the clk, see what kind of mods people have been doing to their cars and who they've beaten , Instead I see you complaining about your lemon all day long. So I might as well annoy you just as much as you annoy me chump...
Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 AM

2004 SL55 AMG
I really don't feel that Mercedes is letting their public down with the CLK, especially with the new CLK500/320. Quality is relative and every board will have people that post only when there is a problem or issue that they like to either vent or ask about feedback on. What's really funny is that you'll read about the downfall of quality, dissapointments and lemon stories on every single board of every vehicle I've ever owned from Infiniti to Porsche to Mercedes to yes, even Lexus (much less though more focused on LACK of performance-e.g. our sporty IS300). Case in point, even BMW's vaunted M3 has more hits against it on reliability and quality (engine and such) than most other vehicles I've heard about in the past few years. I don't even own a BMW and may visit their forum once a month just out of interest. I believe that avid enthusiasts also voice their opinions much more often than the typical driving crowd.

The latest iteration of the CLK is a beautiful innovative coupe (pillarless and all). I think that it's amazing that any CLK can be compared to BMW's "hot" version M3. I think that as a luxury tourer not touted as a sportscar that can actually beat/match/come close to the M3 in it's own class is amazing. Mercedes to me equates to luxury touring and comfort. Now, if we're really comparing classes of vehicles, the subthread should read '04 CLK55 AMG vs. '04 M3. I'd take the CLK55 anyday. It's not a sportscar, but it offers much more technology and style above and beyond just great acceleration numbers.

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 03-17-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
First off Idengeli, get off my dick....
Wow, an indication of your prowess. Look who's whining like a little girl, take off the skirt Jlo, I mean JLucas.. I am not the only one out of the 16000+ members on this board who are very unhappy with their MB. People ask questions, I post, and the more I read the more I see the same problems. How old are we 12? The 208 is a great looking car, but the more I read the more I see how much of a POS it can be. Squeak, rattles, brakes, engine, electrical, structural, and service problems. I mean c'mon. And everytime I post you are right there to bash me. Want me to whip out my C0C$ so you can coddle me you un-intellligent sap.

I can't wait to get rid of this car, and would if it wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. I am better off keeping it an leaving it in the garage for the next year while it rots away, rather than driving it since I have to drive it from the garage to the shop anyways. And your missing the point of this post you imbecile.

A 430 is not / cannot be compared to any M3, since the M3 is a sports car class vehicle and the 430 is a SPORTY LUXURY SEDAN. THEREFORE YOU F'ING LOSER, GET OVER YOURSELF and your fantastic 430. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful life and a wonderful car, and you are so knowing. MY PROBLEM AND MY COMPLAINT CHULO, is that I feel like I was sold a package of goods that was spoiled before its expiration date.

And now a word from our sponsor.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Who cares about an m3 you chump? your the only one really getting your vagina into a tidsy trying to show the m3 is faster who cares... no one on this board does, if it is it is, if it isnt it isnt.... Its no one elses fault that your car sucks, dont try to get on the soap box and band together all the other people who are unhappy. Its no one elses problem but yours... What do you want a class action lawsuit against mbusa?

What is your goal besides complaining to the rest of us about how much YOUR CAR SUCKS. That is what were talkin about right? YOUR CAR SUCKING??? When you say the clk sucks and mercedes quality has gone down the drain, you are referring to YOUR CAR not mines... When you say driving from the garage to the service department, your talking about YOU AND YOUR SUCKING CAR. Not my fault or anyone elses problem but yours CHUMP.
I have some minor problems with my car but I still love my car. No car is perfect.NO MATTER WHAT YOU PAY YOU WILL NEVER GET A PERFECT CAR. I had to drive a coworkers car dodge intrepid the other day and man if you think the clk is bad, I don't even know what you would say about that. Every car has problems, every car has weaknesses where others have strength. I think what your problem is that you wanted a Mercedes all your life to show everyone what a hot shot you think you are and you spent a large sum of your savings on a CLK instead of the CL and now your screwed because you cant afford to get anything else.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally posted by RU_MATRX
I really don't feel that Mercedes is letting their public down with the CLK, especially with the new CLK500/320.
I actually don't think the 208 was a letdown at all. And if you like Accord coupes, then neither was the 209 ;0)
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Awe I think you almost complimented or tried to compliment me JLO.. You couldn't be more wrong. Who cares about M3's?? Jackass, that is what this whole thread is about. READ THE TITLE - How would our 430's do against the E36 M3's?

So you think I waited all my life to own a Mercedes? Is that it? Ah yes oh wise one, you know all. Again, stupid, read the posts, ALL of them, I am not trying to band together any owners or start a class action suit (btw, that was a really good one, made me chuckle), people ask about problems, and start posts about their problems, and I post. Just because your mommy didn't love you as a child doesn't mean you have to take everything that is said on the post as personal attack when it comes to your precious. Really wake up jackass

BTW, how much can you afford? If we are making judgements, I just wanted to whip out my ***** and compare with you.. TOOL

I often wonder why wanna be elitests who parade around in their daddies car often think that every little thing said about their precious vehicle, is a personal attack. Well its not dumbass. Its an opinion, and honestly to me your opinions are like A$$HOLES, everyone's got one! Oh and yes, you do suck..

I actually don't think the 208 was a letdown at all. And if you like Accord coupes, then neither was the 209 ;0)
Now that is the quote of the day!

Last edited by ldangeli; 03-17-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
J LUCAS

And why is it that most other posts that I read, that you have contributed to, are both negative and attack the individuals financial standings?

"Use your dividends to pay for toys, not your salary", "Not trying to be rude but If you can't justify the price then the reason might be your wallet rather than the vehicle features. Get the 500...."

I mean c'mon J-Loser if you have nothing nice to say to people when they ask questions, than

Oh yeah and booooo hooooooooo.. Is that the response you wanted from me and my mangina? LOSER...

Last edited by ldangeli; 03-17-2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
E36 vs. CLK 430

I owned a 1995 E36 M3 and drove it for 48,000 miles before getting rid of it and getting my 2001 Audi S4.

As far as performance, the E36 had some good performance, mainly due to the excellent transmission, weight and handling. Please keep in mind that the E36 does not have power seats, xenon lights, ESP, Brake Assist, Heated Seats, etc. like the CLK 430.

0-60 the E36 could be faster if the driver was launching and shifting a OPTIMUM RPMs. But in a 1/4 mile, the CLK430 would catch up with its greater TQ/HP power.

Also, if a CLK 430 was to shut off the ESP, and launch in '1st gear' along with a solid 3,000 RPM launch point, I believe that the 430 would be faster.

The only way to truly find out is to have a race on These California Streets!!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off i dont know what your talking about because nowhere in any of my post did I try and pay you a compliment.
Nothing negative about either of those statements. Im a business man so when I speak it comes out sometimes. You shouldnt be purchasing a high end mercedes with the salary you earn from a 9-5 job. It should come from income GENERATED outside of that. And if you come onto a public messageboard and ask a group of total strangers to justify a price for a $70,000 car then you obviously have financial worries on your hands. BUT THOSE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OTHER STORY so stop searching my old post sodomite and get your car fixed properly.

You can change the subject all you want but its still going to come out because your stuck with a lemon car and you cant afford to get out of it. SO ITS MAKING YOU MISERABLE. Thus you come here and try to point out flaws in the car in attempt to make everyone else MISERABLE LIKE YOU. But its not working because you and a small minority are the only ones truly unhappy with your car. Sure, most of us wish we didnt have to go through the MINOR problems we experience but thats where it ends. MY CLK430 still puts a smile on my face. IM SORRY THATS NOT THE CASE WITH YOU CHUMP. SELL IT and TAKE THE LOSS. Your whole problem is that you cant afford to take the loss so your SCREWED. Your up the creek without a paddle, Your Sh~T out of LUCK.
Too bad loser, better luck next time....

Last edited by J Lucas; 03-17-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
J Lucas makes a good point...

Originally posted by J Lucas

You can change the subject all you want but its still going to come out because your stuck with a lemon car and you cant afford to get out of it. SO ITS MAKING YOU MISERABLE. Thus you come here and try to point out flaws in the car in attempt to make everyone else MISERABLE LIKE YOU. But its not working because you and a small minority are the only ones truly unhappy with your car. Sure, most of us wish we didnt have to go through the MINOR problems we experience but thats where it ends. MY CLK430 still puts a smile on my face. IM SORRY THATS NOT THE CASE WITH YOU CHUMP. SELL IT and TAKE THE LOSS. Your whole problem is that you cant afford to take the loss so your SCREWED. Your up the creek without a paddle, Your Sh~T out of LUCK.
The bottom line is that if you don't like the car, get RID of IT and stop the PUBLIC whining. We don't want to hear it.

Also, if you have the cash, Do what makes you happy, Regardless of the COST. As long as you go in direction that takes you away from Public complaining.

Just my $0.02
Old 03-17-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
J Lucas makes a good point...

Originally posted by J Lucas

The bottom line is that if you don't like the car, get RID of IT and stop the PUBLIC whining. We don't want to hear it.

Also, if you have the cash, Do what makes you happy, Regardless of the COST. As long as you go in direction that takes you away from Public complaining.

Just my $0.02
Old 03-17-2004, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Can't afford to get out of it? HAHA, my 9-5 job?? I don't work a 9-5 job, I own my own business and not that its any of your business what I do, but yes you are a loser..

I want to get rid of it, but it will cost more to get rid of it, than what its worth, or to let it sit in the garage. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like throwing money away. Aren't you supposed to be this braisen investor Jloser?

An SoCal, there is no public whining here, last I checked you had to sign up, sign in and post to this semi-private forum.

I love how everyone gets so offended and takes everything as a personal attack. Booo hooo, "he made fun of my car" "he must not have the money" HAHA, I love getting you guys are riled up. You are such losers...

Last edited by ldangeli; 03-17-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:46 PM

you are the loser here man. big deal u got a benz full of bugz. maybe it's a salvage that wasn't fixed up properly. or maybe u just don't know how to take care of your car. If you think E36 is better get it. it won't cost u must more. buy what ever u like. I peronaly have to stick with my clk for a while because im the kind that save up for a very long time to get this.

yes there are many people complaining about the car. why because people don't just come on the forum and start talking all the good things about. it because there are too much to list and ppl won't bother they just go drive and enjoy that goodness. that's why most forums it's either problems or problems.

get a m3 you don't deserver a clk. You are just some guy wanting a car with good performance on paper. we don't need any one like you here.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Originally posted by Josh K

I couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:35 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Originally posted by Josh K
Actually, I've mentioned that the new CLK's rear end could be mistaken for the Civic Coupe with it's looped rear tailights and all.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:49 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Seriously everyone. I sympathize with an enthusiast that loves the Mercedes brand for whatever reason but ends up getting a sour "lemon" of some sort. I don't know the history between previous posts that seem to have turned up here as emotional baggage between idangeli and JLucas. This tangent about presumed financial standings really doesn't add any value because everyone has their own priorities, values and background. It just serves as another personal strike to add fuel to the fire.

The main point here is that it's fine to complain about your vehicle that has failed your own expectations. That's human nature. One CLK430 doesn't represent all CLK430s for good or bad. idangeli, I'm sure you'd love to have someone's else's experience with their CLK430 and be hearing stories about their particular "lemon" rather than telling your stories. I don't own a CLK430 though have friends that really enjoy theirs and have had them for several years. These owners would take issue and be sensitive to your complaints/comments if they themselves have not experienced what you have. That's human nature too. Just take all things in stride everyone. In the SL55 AMG forum, there appears to have been 1 or 2 owners that had serious engine problems with the earlier 2003 but my '04's engine is solid as a rock at 1700 miles. Obviously, I'd feel different and would be voicing my opinions on the SL55 (first ownership) if my engine had failed. Still, those failed engines are NOT typical of all '03 SL55s. So, let's all keep an open-mind of everyone elses opinions (each have unquestionably valid points) and share the LOVE........

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 03-17-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That was a real respectable post R_U Matrix. I don't really like arguing on a public board("You can't argue with fools because people from a distance can't tell who is who".) Its just everyday its like hes on a personal tirade to spew his negativity all over the 208 section just because he isnt having the best of luck with his car. I feel sorry for him, I really do because im very happy with my clk 430 even with all the minor annoyances that do pop up every once in awhile. But even If I did I don't see myself coming on a board just to vent at everyone who is happy with their cars... how lame is that?come on....
Old 03-17-2004, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Yes everyday I am on a personal "tirade" to spew my negativity. That was good. Again, this is a forum based on ones opinion, and occassionally fact. Now, I do love my car, just not happy with the reliabilty aspect, and this isn't the first car of its class that I've owned. I came to MB on a recommendation and in the begining was very pleased with what the car provides.

Salvage full of bugz?? No, it was new, seealkay. Learn to spell / speak before trying to flame someone.

My problem here is the thread started out talking about how the M3 E36 could be so easily beatin by the 430, and turned into a personal attack because of the problems I have had with my car, and for all your A-Holes with the tudes, I wasn't complaining in this thread (JLOSER) so thanks for attacking me and showing your childness.

This forum is full of overly sensitive losers who do nothing but over react when someone puts down the model car they own. Ooooh. So i got a lemon, BIG F'ING DEAL, its my opinion and feeling that its a piece of ****! Get over it LUCAS. I come to this forum to learn about the other issues people are having with this model, and believe me I have found a ton of them. I am not the only one who is displeased with the quality or lack thereof of the 208. As beautiful as it is, its a shame, and yes, that is my OPINION. Geesh, you give you girls an inch and you take a mile. (no offense Eleni)

Boys, boys, boys. I really wish you were all "growns" up now so you could see past your childness and realize how this all started. Smooches and hugs, apparently you need them.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Come on, let's show some peace and love guys...
Old 03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your right idenglai

the clk is the worse car ever built, mercedes sucks, lexus is the best, you win...
Happy chump?Im done arguing with you, I just hope you save up enough money to finally be able to get rid of the clk and finally afford the car you really wanted..Then you can go bug some other people in another messageboard.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hahahaha, who said anything about lexus. Oh wait you were arguing with someone on another thread about his findings when comparing the MB to a lexus, similarly priced. You hounded him like a post-***** too. You just couldn't let him speak his mind either.

You're a loser, going right back to monetary BS. Want to be elitest punk a$$. You know nothing about anything but yourself, and you've proved it here, and in other posts on this board time, and time again.

This is one of three cars, so don't tell me what I can't afford. I am sorry if I don't have a money tree growing out of my a$$ like you do, but we're not all as perfect..

get a m3 you don't deserver a clk. You are just some guy wanting a car with good performance on paper. we don't need any one like you here.
You're right, maybe I will go get an M3, than any non-believers can come to NJ for a "real" race as you call it, and get smoked.

Chump, ha! I am glad I meet people like you here, cause Renlist was so right about your kind on this forum...

My signature says it all.

Last edited by ldangeli; 03-17-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why don't you make any valid points in any of your post?Why is everything you say full of nothing?You have 173 post on this forum and 140 of them are talking about how bad YOUR CLK SUCKS... you sounds so stupid man its pathetic, Im just happy everyone else is seeing how lame you are and all your attempts to spew your negative hatred about your POS car is out in the open. You got three cars, big deal you want a cookie?
By the wayI can come to nj anytime you want homey....im in nyc. WHATS REALLY GOOD?

Last edited by J Lucas; 03-17-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Read the thread again genius, I did nothing but post facts and numbers you 2 bit loser. You are the one who started attacking me, crying about how uch I hate my car and how that bothers your mangina.

Am I supposed to be scared / impressed that you are in the city. Oooooh. Watch out. You wanna race me, is that it? Yeah thats mature. Man you are such a tool, and the people on the forum that "everyone else is seeing how lame you are" are the same as you. Offended about someone pointing out that the 430 is lacking in some areas. Its ok sweet heart, we know you spent good money on the car and are dissapointed deep down that it isn't what you wanted. Its ok sugar, deep breaths, you'll get through it.

None of this means anything to anyone but you. I just like to get you, you loser all riled up.. Its funny to see how personally YOU take all this BS. I picture you as this over weight balding loser who takes all his frustration out on people he thinks he is better than. Good, keep thinking that.

And by the way, how come you are trying to point out my short comings about my feelings on my car, but haven't addressed all the examples of how you attack people financially when they don't agree with your narrow minded opinion on your perfect car. Oh thats right, you're perfect.

As always sugar, smooches and hugs..
Old 03-18-2004, 08:27 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Let's Take A Chill Pill

Dudes, Time To Take A Chill Pill - This Post Is Going Nowhere - Anyone Else Agree ?

You Two Gents Should Either Meet and Put The Gloves On and finally end it BS or Chill Out Already !

A Forum is to share information, both techincal and fun, not fighting about who's car is faster.

I must admit, it is funny to read...
Old 03-18-2004, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Chill Pill

You're right, there is no sense in arguing with a perfect person. You can't get anywhere. I am soooo sorry JLucas, I forgot how wrong I was and that my opinion doesn't matter.

Forum: I apologize for speaking my dissapointed mind on the issues I have with my car. I am sorry I didn't follow the structure of this forum of wanting to race everyone and glorifying my beast.

The Best to all!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How would our 430's do against the E36 M3's?