CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Noisey headrest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK-430 Black
Noisey headrest

My pass headrest is making noise and it stops if I put my hand on it. Its the only noise inside my CLK's cabin and annoying the hell out me! Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so how was it fixed? Its an 01 CLK-430 with motorized headrests.

Thanks in advance!
RK
Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Ahh the joys of MB's. My whole interior used to squeak. Front seats, back seats, sun shade, doors. Now only the doors squeak, and the passenger seat. For the head rest, prolly nothing you can do. For the seats, they can add a piece of fabric between the leather and the metal base. That is what squeaks there. Sorry couldn't help further. Just wait for the fun to begin.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:20 PM

2001 CLK-430 Black
Man, I have to say that I thought I was buying a car that was from one of "best" automakers in the world! I hope to hell I dont regret this purchase!

Sorry to say that I have'nt gotten an overall good feeling from all of the unhappy people on this board!

Do I have to buy an S Class to get true MB quality?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by kimber45
Man, I have to say that I thought I was buying a car that was from one of "best" automakers in the world! I hope to hell I dont regret this purchase!

Sorry to say that I have'nt gotten an overall good feeling from all of the unhappy people on this board!

Do I have to buy an S Class to get true MB quality?
what makes you think buying an S Class would make it any better??? because you paying $70,000+???

haha... sometimes, money has nothing to do with it....
Old 03-06-2004, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
You did honestly purchase from one of the best automakers. Mechanically this car is the SH%T. Engine and trans are real strong and can take a beating. But the CLK specifically is plagued with annoyances and little cosmetic issues. Its almost as though they put all their time and effor into the design and guts and then threw whatever was left into the comsetics or interior. Overall I am very happy with the car as a whole, but I honestly can't say I'd be back.