CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help identifying pipe from fuel filter.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK230
Need help identifying pipe from fuel filter.

Hi all
I need some advice please.....
I have a fuel leak coming from somewhere close to the drivers side wheel at the rear, after filling tank past 3/4, it is a constant drip rather than a stream.
After getting up on the ramps and removing fuel pump/filter cover i noticed there was a corroded very small bore pipe that was dangling loose.
It comes from the fuel filter and has a short normal vacuum style rubber hose reducing into a very small bore metal pipe probably half the bore of a copper brake pipe, but i cant see where it has broken off from...
Can anyone advise where this pipe might go to and also if possible, the part number so i can order a new one as this one is completely shot.
The car is a 2000 CLK 230K coupe
Thanks in advance
Old 06-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
not sure what small pipe you're talking about...ID it from this thread...
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...fuel-pump.html
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 AM

CLK230
Originally Posted by cindyclk
not sure what small pipe you're talking about...ID it from this thread...
Its difficult to see from that photo on the thread you suggested, but if you look at the black pipe that doubles back to the left side of the filter, i think it goes around the other side, then if you look just above where that pipe comes from the right you can see a thinner black pipe going up and through a loop........i think its that one, but dont know where it heads off to.
WIS says its either fuel regulator (but i cant imagine that thin pipe running all the way to the engine bay) or the other option was breather tube, but again i dont know where that terminates at? If anyone has any facilities to be able to look at where their pipes go to, i would be very grateful, its definitely not any of the pipes that link the fuel pump to the fuel filter.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
You'll have to supply a pic. There is one line coming out of tank to pump...1 line from pump to filter..1 line from back filter to front filter and 1 line out to engine. ..1 electric connection to pump...that's it (just as pic on thread shows).

just saw that you have a 230..info is for 430 and amg....not sure now about above..post pic

Last edited by cindyclk; 06-15-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 AM

CLK230
Originally Posted by cindyclk
You'll have to supply a pic. There is one line coming out of tank to pump...1 line from pump to filter..1 line from back filter to front filter and 1 line out to engine. ..1 electric connection to pump...that's it (just as pic on thread shows).

just saw that you have a 230..info is for 430 and amg....not sure now about above..post pic
Yes its a 230k, ill try get a pic at the weekend but i appear to have all those you mentioned above, and this extra one but might be clearer once i get a few pics....