CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Trunk!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk!!

my trunk is pain the the ***! the latch part is messed up it opens up when road is bumpy automaticly. mb said it could be the latch mechanical problem or eletricial problem. and it's not covered in the warnenty. so the possiblity is limited. i've try to reposition the latch part and it stoped poping up for like 1 day. but problem is coming back. I didn't get MB to "try" to fix it so i just have the trunk taped with trasparent tape lol. it's invisible. i rarely use the trunk anyway.

any ideas to the problem? and i also have the engine viberation at idle. the rpm gauge does not shake. could it be the motor mount?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:13 PM

I had the same problem with my trunk. The mechanism had to be replaced. It was replaced by the dealer under warranty. It was a real hassle. It would pop up while I was driving. A temporary solution is to use the lock key to lock the trunk and that should keep it closed until you get it fixed.

For the idle problem, that's not uncommon. It's just the way the car runs at idle, well at least thats what the dealer says about it.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Almost a Member!

G500
Yes, it most definitely sounds like the motor mount...inspection is the best options at a minimum, also, it will need a new trunk latch--at a minimum as well. If it's electrical, well, put it up for sale like everyone else has been posting for the last couple of days!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:55 AM

clk55, 06 Cayman S, Vishnu EVO 8 stage 1 +, and X5
It should be covered.

Mines happened around 15000. The nice part about it is that I was racing a Corvette. When he got behind because I made a lane change, the trunk openned. He probably thought there was a missle coming out of my trunk because he made a quick lane change to my left and I slowed down to stop.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
Re: It should be covered.

Originally posted by v8rush
Mines happened around 15000. The nice part about it is that I was racing a Corvette. When he got behind because I made a lane change, the trunk openned. He probably thought there was a missle coming out of my trunk because he made a quick lane change to my left and I slowed down to stop.

LMAO...if my next car has an automatic trunk closer like in the CL's im gonna design some fake missiles to put in the trunk...oooh the joy im gonna get when i open my trunk and close it and the people behind wondering why i have missiles!