CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dealer Shananagins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK-430 Black
Dealer Shananagins

Heres a good one.

My CLK-430 goes in for a checkup and they decide to replace a bunch of little things: Drivers side mirror, instrument cluster, lube the sun roof, CD changer and bracket, and then they decided it needed a catalytic converter. So it was supposed to be ready today and the dealer calls me and says he doesnt have the parts and they wont be in until next Wed!!!

Bull**** I say, call another MB dealer within 100 miles and ill even go pick up the parts!!! And, this isnt even taking into account that yesterday they supposedly had all of the parts!

Long story short, the guy puts me on hold, says hes sorry for the mixup but he has the parts in stock and it should be ready Sat afternoon!

Talk about a bad line of bull****!

Who knows what story I'll get laid on me tomorrow morning!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: Dealer Shananagins

Originally posted by kimber45
Heres a good one.

My CLK-430 goes in for a checkup and they decide to replace a bunch of little things: Drivers side mirror, instrument cluster, lube the sun roof, CD changer and bracket, and then they decided it needed a catalytic converter. So it was supposed to be ready today and the dealer calls me and says he doesnt have the parts and they wont be in until next Wed!!!

Bull**** I say, call another MB dealer within 100 miles and ill even go pick up the parts!!! And, this isnt even taking into account that yesterday they supposedly had all of the parts!

Long story short, the guy puts me on hold, says hes sorry for the mixup but he has the parts in stock and it should be ready Sat afternoon!

Talk about a bad line of bull****!

Who knows what story I'll get laid on me tomorrow morning!
maybe your technician wanted to take your car out for the weekend...

hey, as long as they don't charge me... i don't mind letting them hold my car for a day or two more..
Old 03-12-2004, 10:53 PM

2001 CLK-430 Black
I havent had the damn car since Monday night! and ive only owned it for two weeks!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
that is bullcrap. You should NEVER take any crap from ANY stealership. The prices they charge should JUSTIFY receiving A1 service at ALL times.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:04 PM
CHB

'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
Originally posted by clkal
that is bullcrap. You should NEVER take any crap from ANY stealership. The prices they charge should JUSTIFY receiving A1 service at ALL times.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:39 AM

2001 CLK-430 Black
Well, 3 thousand dollars worth of warranty work later and they still didnt replace the cluster with the bad LED's. He claimed to have replaced lights on the shift console which I dont remember being out! And they made me wait 1.5 hours after they said it was done being repaired so they could wash it! And when it rolled up I have never seen a black car look worse! It had towel marks and swirls and to top it off the mechanic left grease and pen marks in the interior!

Oh well, guess I should be happy that they informed me that I still have close to a year of free scheduled maintenance which is good since they want 160.00 US for an oil change.

Next time I'll tell them not to bother washing it!
Old 03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally posted by kimber45
Well, 3 thousand dollars worth of warranty work later and they still didnt replace the cluster with the bad LED's. He claimed to have replaced lights on the shift console which I dont remember being out! And they made me wait 1.5 hours after they said it was done being repaired so they could wash it! And when it rolled up I have never seen a black car look worse! It had towel marks and swirls and to top it off the mechanic left grease and pen marks in the interior!

Oh well, guess I should be happy that they informed me that I still have close to a year of free scheduled maintenance which is good since they want 160.00 US for an oil change.

Next time I'll tell them not to bother washing it!
hmmm. i thought it was policy to ask the customer first, before washing the car. Some people only want their particular car wash guy to touch their car, and most wash/detail their cars themselves, and would prefer to not have anybody was their cars.