CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Benzo's CLK55 w/ Maya 19" STMs! Nice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by JamE55
I agree! Same here with mine! Those STM's look very nice! A friend of mince Vic55 also has them on his W211 E55 saw it in person this past weekened and it's just very nice.
I was tempted to look at the E55 for the superior space- but I never regretted anything more than when I drove away from the dealerhip and traded in my W208. I am sure if I had the E55 last, it would have gone that way! Both are timelss designs. Drive it in good health!

I put a deposit down on an E55 in techtite grey. (May-June delivery) I am planning on leasing it and keeping it stock- now that they are adding larger shoes. With all of the things I am going to do to the CLK55, I want to keep the miles as low as possible therefore it will be my garage queen for many years to come. Also have to admit, although I wouldn't have it any other way, with my mods so far, the car drives harsh on the brick roads. I live in a historic area where all of the brick roads are. My office is less than 2 miles away and that is my daily commute. Therefore the E55 will prove to be a better daily driver!!! I am hoping to buy that one out at the end of the lease and giving it to my wife- especially because the mileage won't exceed 10,000. That's the plan. Aside from a Rover, its AMG from here on out!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by Daveskee
Grill on the bumper=powdercoat
Grill on the hood=beadblast/paint

Haven't you been following my threads Danny?
i have been following...

but you were a little vague... we do have 2 grills...
Old 03-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Benzo
I want to keep the miles as low as possible therefore it will be my garage queen for many years to come.
Been doin that since 01 when i first got mine and starting to build it up. So far i'd say i'm prolly 60-70% complete. More engine work and ice to come!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:37 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by JamE55
Been doin that since 01 when i first got mine and starting to build it up. So far i'd say i'm prolly 60-70% complete. More engine work and ice to come!
Thats great. I would love to see shots of your vehicle. I am sure it is a specimen...
Old 03-25-2004, 04:26 AM

///M3
Looks hot!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Really nice...

what brand of rubber? And did you find those wheels to be round? I don't have any expereicne with them...
But don't paint the centers black!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Benzo
Thats great. I would love to see shots of your vehicle. I am sure it is a specimen...
Used to have some pics around here you may want to do a search. I'll post pics when done.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Re: Really nice...

Originally posted by allenjdmb
what brand of rubber? And did you find those wheels to be round? I don't have any expereicne with them...
But don't paint the centers black!
The rubber is Nittos- love them. For exact specs I would have to check. Yes, they are rounded. Thanks for the advice on painting the centers- trust me my wife says the same. Maybe I will turn you into a believer as well. They used to make these rims in Hyper-black which was really more of a gunmetal. When I origionally saw these wheels online the shot wasn't very clear but they looked black and the lip, bolts, etc, popped out (polished)enough to notice the rims but it sort of takes them down a notch. I have gone back and forth, but really have decided I have to satisfy my curiosity and give it a day in court. You know why they call wheels shoes? Because we guys like to accessorize our cars like women accessorize themselves- I have bought plenty of things that come in tuquoise blue boxes and figure worse case scenario- I'll get new shoes!!!! Thanks again, for your advice- it is always welcomed and could prevent an expensive mistake!!!