CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

0-60 ? and 1/4 mile times ? CLK 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 MERCEDES BENZ CLK430 AMG 2DR 4.3 L V8 RWD (Soon2bAWD) 400 HP 5SPD AUTO 155T./0-60 TRAC. On 3.2s
Hmmm

Originally Posted by XxGoppyxX
my fgreind had this thing that plugs into the cigarette lighter and attaches to the windsheild. put the weight of ur car in and it can tell u 0-60 60-0 whatever.
the best i got was 5.8 with the traction controll off
anyone. Know what kind of car it is this guy is driving? The Base Model CLK 430??? Or CLK 430 AMG?????? if it's an AMG you should come to me and let me and my mentor check that out and get it working right for you my friend. Mine goes 0-60 with it off or on at about 3.4 SECS RN while its trudging along in a weakening limp mode.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:41 AM

1999 MERCEDES BENZ CLK430 AMG 2DR 4.3 L V8 RWD (Soon2bAWD) 400 HP 5SPD AUTO 155T./0-60 TRAC. On 3.2s
What is your friend whipping around?

my fgreind had this thing that plugs into the cigarette lighter and attaches to the windsheild. put the weight of ur car in and it can tell u 0-60 60-0 whatever.
WHAT KIND OF CAR IS HE WHIPING AROUND THATS THAT SLUGGISH ON TIME??? If that's the same model as my car,(which is stock) I'm gonna be mad disappointed in that driver because it's much faster than that. What was he spinning tires the whole time???? Didn't let it catch real quick before getting on it?
​​​​​​
Old 09-02-2017, 03:50 AM

Whatcha whipping around your town with that slow acceleration big brother? Or were you spinning tires for a good minute? Year, make, model, packages?? Please, Id really quite enjoy knowing what vehicle that is, if its a CLK430 AMG I'm disappointed in your driving. That's pathetic.
​​​​​​
Old 09-09-2017, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Aaron Wayt
Depends on if you're speaking of the CLK430 or CLK430 AMG both of which are different. The base 4.3 has 275 HP with 4speed tranny, and is governed to a top speed of 135, 0-60 in about 5.6 secs. Than you have my favorite little 1999-2003 Baby Rabbit. The CLK430 AMG with 400 HP, also 5speed tranny, with a Governed Top Speed of 155, 0-60 in 3.2 secs normally with FULL FUNTION, but mines pushing 3.4 secs right now due to it being in a slight state of Limp Mode. Just gotta change out the 2 nobworking O2 Sensors in the A.M. (Changing all 4 instead though) and than I'll have all 400 Horsies again. YAY!! BTW it's just a governor, you can bypass it so the speed it can go really has no limit but in doing so you risk chipping gear plates, newfound slipping, no shift, etc etc. Basically destroying the Hard to rebuild Auto high intellect the Beautifully designed, engineered, and Built. No longer made anymore, ALMOST INDESTRUCTIBLE, 5speed 275-400 hp Transmission and The Bullet Proof, barely any left, high powered, high performance, High intelligence Engine. Unless you put in Like top of the line High Performance aftermarket parts that can handle the heat, torque, and tension. It just wont allow itself to break anything mechanical. It's all protected. As long as all your senors are good when you start the car up and drive it, if anything isn't right, or a sensor starts acting up the car will stop itself before damage is caused to mechanical parts. Just oil, tires, and brakes ive had to change. Simple sensors are the only parts I've had to replace beside what was previously stated due to maintenance of course every once in a while. All in all Favorite car I've owned. Haven't even owned it all that long but long enough to decide IM INLOVE.
​​​​​​
Old 11-09-2017, 01:18 AM

2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by Aaron Wayt
Depends on if you're speaking of the CLK430 or CLK430 AMG both of which are different. The base 4.3 has 275 HP with 4speed tranny, and is governed to a top speed of 135, 0-60 in about 5.6 secs. Than you have my favorite little 1999-2003 Baby Rabbit. The CLK430 AMG with 400 HP, also 5speed tranny, with a Governed Top Speed of 155, 0-60 in 3.2 secs normally with FULL FUNTION, but mines pushing 3.4 secs right now due to it being in a slight state of Limp Mode. Just gotta change out the 2 nobworking O2 Sensors in the A.M. (Changing all 4 instead though) and than I'll have all 400 Horsies again. YAY!! BTW it's just a governor, you can bypass it so the speed it can go really has no limit but in doing so you risk chipping gear plates, newfound slipping, no shift, etc etc. Basically destroying the Hard to rebuild Auto high intellect the Beautifully designed, engineered, and Built. No longer made anymore, ALMOST INDESTRUCTIBLE, 5speed 275-400 hp Transmission and The Bullet Proof, barely any left, high powered, high performance, High intelligence Engine. Unless you put in Like top of the line High Performance aftermarket parts that can handle the heat, torque, and tension. It just wont allow itself to break anything mechanical. It's all protected. As long as all your senors are good when you start the car up and drive it, if anything isn't right, or a sensor starts acting up the car will stop itself before damage is caused to mechanical parts. Just oil, tires, and brakes ive had to change. Simple sensors are the only parts I've had to replace beside what was previously stated due to maintenance of course every once in a while. All in all Favorite car I've owned. Haven't even owned it all that long but long enough to decide IM INLOVE.
​​​​​​
There's no such thing as a "CLK430 AMG." The ONLY CLK-Class AMG there is, would be the 55. Not a CLK55? Not an AMG. There may be an "AMG Sport Package" on the CLK430, but that's just a stiffer suspension, and body kit off the 55 AMG. Top speed is also raised to 155 mph. Mercedes-Benz themselves stated that the 2002 C208 CLK430 does 0-100 km/h (0r 0-62 mph) in 6 seconds flat, with a full tank and only the driver (no cargo).

What you're thinking of is Kleemann's CLK43K, which has a twin-screw Swedish AutoRotor supercharger pushing 7.0 psi of boost with a Laminova intercooler (also Swedish).