CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk430 track build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 mercedes benz clk 430
Smile clk430 track build

Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum although my account is old but ignore the name cuz now i got a 430 and i want to do pretty fun stuff to it. I have some general questions and i will be posting more things along the way to clear all my future ideas but as of now i want to talk about a brake transplant. Im talking about a w208 55amg 4 piston brake system (calipers, rotors, and pads) mounted onto a 430. Can i fit in my 43 with 55 amg brakes? Has anyone done this before? It would save me a lot of money compared to buying a BBK and im sure the stopping power is sufficient. I also wanted to see if the 55 amg sway bars fit on the 430 as well, i heard that the 55 is different and better than the 430 providing better turn in and confidence in cornering but i also want to know if its worth it or get an H&R sway bar kit instead. I have many ideas for this car and its a very long list but im eager to dig in and really break some records (430 records that is)

Lastly, im going to ask if anyone has ever eurocharged their clk430 (specifically this model) and can share gains or even tell me what these tuners claim to give to the car as a result of the tune. I read a ridiculous claim of giving the car around 100 more horses which is s/c territory which makes me all the more suspicious. I want to be more realistic and keep my mind around 20hp ish gain maybe? Hope someone can help me out with all this

Thank you for reading!