CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk 230 kompressor Help and advise needed please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes w208 clk 230 kompressor convertible
clk 230 kompressor Help and advise needed please

Hi all,
In need of some help and guidence please. I bought a 2003 W208 Mercedes CLK 230 kompressor Avantgarde convertible as a weekend car. Now when i bought i new it wanted some work doing to it, but i did only pay a couple of hundred quid for it. My old boss who i bought from had had a slight mishap in it and crashed through a fence and into a field. There was a little body damage ie broken bumper,bent radiator mounting bracket,bust a/c pipe,bust intercooler and bust autobox coolant pipe.
He had carried on driving it for a day or too, said he did'nt realise the amount of damage he had done, that he thought he had just bust the bumper. He only stopped using it when the autobox had lost enough fluid to stop working.
Anyway i new all this when buying it.
The first thing i did was strip off the bumper, intercooler and brackets etc. Removed radiator and piping, straightened the radiator mounting bracket and replaced the split auto coolant pipe. Topped it up with fluid hoping, with fingers crossed i might get away with it. replaced intercooler etc.
No such luck with box, i get only first, second, drive and reverse, better than before but still epic fail.
Put my icarsoft on it and it's giving me fault code p0715 input/turbine speed sensor circuit malfuction. So i thought it must have burned out the conductor plate, changed conductor plate and plug etc. Carried out fluid and filter changed too, but it still wont go, same symptoms.
Quite a few other problems to sort out too but i would really like to sort the gearbox problem out first before getting into anything else, like one step at a time.
Anything else i can try?

Thanks
Mathew.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Wow wada boss------ Now you need a rebuilt tranny, however there is an end game, maybe there is a similar person in the village who you can sell the car to. Like the bosses son!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes w208 clk 230 kompressor convertible
Yeah the boss, can't blame him though i new the possible problems when i bought it cheap as chips. Hopefully it won't be like the old saying [there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes].
Need some more tranny fluid only had 3 litres, but at least it's got some drive now moves forwardds and backwards. Will see what happens when i put some more fluid in and take it for a spin.