CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just Got A 2000 CLK320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 320
Just Got A 2000 CLK320

Hello I am a new member. I recently purchased a 2000 Mercedes CLK320 Coupe. I’m new to the car and to the forums. Anything I can do to the car ? Performance Wise?
Looks?(Exterior/Interior)
Any Exhaust Modifications to make it sound better?
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG
Nice

I have essentially the same car, but a convertible. I thought long and hard about all I have done to the car is added a 5.5 AMG emblem to the fender just after the front wheel I got it cheap on eBay but it's heavy metal in Chrome and it just sticks on so it can be removed to bring the car back to original specs. The only thing I'm going to do is drop the front end only one inch. I did that to a Mustang GT and although subtle it looked really hot. I wouldn't mind changing the muffler for something with a bit more Rumble but I don't want to go to expensive headers. Let me know if you do that. I would not do anything else to these cars the original lines are great and the closer you keep at the stock the more valuable it will be...

These are great cars. They have minor annoyances but if you read up on these forums and go to YouTube you can fix everything yourself. They also have the bonus of a regular spring and shock suspension as opposed to problematic Hydraulics or airmatics that will leak and cost you more than the price of the car to fix. The Engines & Transmissions are bulletproof.

Slice

Last edited by PKSlice; 11-10-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 11-20-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 320
Thanks For The Reply!

Originally Posted by PKSlice
I have essentially the same car, but a convertible. I thought long and hard about all I have done to the car is added a 5.5 AMG emblem to the fender just after the front wheel I got it cheap on eBay but it's heavy metal in Chrome and it just sticks on so it can be removed to bring the car back to original specs. The only thing I'm going to do is drop the front end only one inch. I did that to a Mustang GT and although subtle it looked really hot. I
wouldn't mind changing the muffler for something with a bit more Rumble but I don't want to go to expensive headers. Let me know if you do that. I would not do anything else to these cars the original lines are great and the closer you keep at the stock the more valuable it will be...

These are great cars. They have minor annoyances but if you read up on these forums and go to YouTube you can fix everything yourself. They also have the bonus of a regular spring and shock suspension as opposed to problematic Hydraulics or airmatics that will leak and cost you more than the price of the car to fix. The Engines & Transmissions are bulletproof.

Slice
Hello Slice, thanks for the reply I appreciate it. So far since I have gotten the car I have Plasti Dipped The Grille chrome piece from chrome to gloss black (I will upload pics ). These couple days I will Plasti dip the chrome Benz star logo that’s on the hood to gloss black to match the grille . I am interested in changing the Headlight Light Bulbs to white bright ones. I am also going to change the side markers to clear ones with chrome bulbs. I want to tint my windows 5% all
Around and maybe wrap the window trim to gloss black or dip it myself. I am going to change the interior lights to LED and I was thinking about wrapping my interior trim in gloss black or carbon fiber. Exhaust wise I want to delete the muffler (keep the resonator ) and put a straight pipe with a single out dual tip setup. Let me know what you think about my ideas. Thanks.
- Jorj
Old 11-21-2017, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I have essentially the same car,
lol
Old 11-21-2017, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Dipped chrome bits? C'mon man! Uphold the honor of the Mark! Congrats on the investment.
2MERKS
Old 11-22-2017, 03:54 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG
Essentially the same car

Originally Posted by insame1
lol
okay I was trying not to brag, my car is way hotter 5.5 V8 torque monster LOL.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG
Modifications

I recommend you live with the car for 6 months before changing too much of that stuff. After all the wood trim is real wood, not plastic with wood printed on top. You might find that the original Mercedes touches come to grow on you, like a fine wine.

Also check with your local EPA or other authorities before removing the muffler. It might not pass annual inspection, if you have those where you live...

Slice