CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 repair daily driver project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320 w208
W208 repair daily driver project

i have a w208 CLK Cabriolet, and it has a few issues....I am listing Them below in hopes to get pointed in the right direction on these issues...so please, if you have any input....I am a NEWBEE......never owned a MB before, but can turn a wrench...so even if “every mb owner knows”....I probably don’t know. So educate me please.

1. Door interior; Grey (light) below the leather is stained bad. I have been searching forever on the internet but can not locate stock replacement...I can install...just can not locate stock material..

2. Eletric seat adjustment; I’ve read all threads possible...but here’s my issue....I got into car first time, pushed seat back to find out how far back it went..hit “stop”... I did not hold it there, quickly released, and went to move forward and just “clicked”when I try to move it forward..

so I disconnected batt...reconnected batt. And now there is nothing no click what so ever...the other adjustments work fine, so does the memory buttons, with the exception of the seats moving forward or back.what the heck!?,.

3. Trying to remove climate control unit, using removal keys, I incerted one side, no issue..it locked it place. He other side will not incerted fully, I can slightly move it left and right..I feel the key hitting the side lock...but can’t get it to go in....NOW..I go to pull the right side removal key on the right side and it is locked in place! I can not get it to disconnect from the unit.

These are my issues as of today. I’ll be dropping help me please lines in the next few weeks. So again, if you have my input please let me know, thanks in advance.